Subject: [dbound] Preliminary agenda for IETF 93

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 00:19:01 -0700

Colleagues,

We're scheduled for a one-hour session on Monday at 17:40 local time.  I've
created a preliminary agenda and posted it here for your review and
comments:

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/agenda/agenda-93-dbound

Note that I haven't checked this with Pete yet.  I wanted to get this up
since Monday is a deadline for preliminary agendas.  We're still free to
change it.

The main question I think we should talk about regarding the agenda is what
we would like to have coming out of that meeting.  Goals are good.  Are we
looking to agree on a problem statement document (and possibly a re-stated
charter), or a plan for new documents, or both, or something else?

-MSK

---

From: Casey Deccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 10:10:47 -0400

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 3:19 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> We're scheduled for a one-hour session on Monday at 17:40 local time.
> I've created a preliminary agenda and posted it here for your review and
> comments:
>
Thanks, Murray!  I think that's a reasonable start.

> The main question I think we should talk about regarding the agenda is
> what we would like to have coming out of that meeting.  Goals are good.
> Are we looking to agree on a problem statement document (and possibly a
> re-stated charter), or a plan for new documents, or both, or something else?
>

I think agreement on a problem statement is a big one, including specific
use cases (John's questions, which you have put on the agenda, are a
reasonable starting place).  In conjunction with that I think we need some
definition of what a successful solution (or solutions) look like.  That
includes capabilities, characteristics, portability, scalability,
complexity, backwards compatibility, etc.

Casey

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 10:25:53 -0400

> complexity, backwards compatibility, etc.

I think this is a good list.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]