Subject: [dbound] ICANN gTLDs v2 public report

From: Eduardo Alvarez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 00:09:24 +0000

Dear colleagues,

We are planning to release a new version in JSON format of the new gTLDs CSV
report (newgtlds.csv, currently available at
http://newgtlds.icann.org/newgtlds.csv).

The report will list all gTLDs that have signed a Registry agreement with
ICANN, including gTLDs removed from the root, with the following fields:
A-label, U-label, registry operator, the contract signing date, application
number, delegation date, removal date and whether the gTLD was granted
Specification 13 or not.

The content of the new version of the report should be helpful to browsers
and other software vendors trying to make decisions on gTLDs that have
signed an agreement, or amendment including Specification 13
(http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/agb/base-agreement-spec-13-proposed
-06dec13-en.pdf). For example,
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1196364.

An example and the detail of the requirements considered for this new report
are available in the attached .pdf file.

Please note that we are not planning on replacing or changing the current
newgtlds.csv report, which will continue to be updated as usual.

Your feedback is welcome. Should you wish to provide any comments, please
send them to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  by 30 June
2016.

If you are interested, you may also subscribe to the gtld-tech mailing list
at https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/gtld-tech.

Best regards,

Eduardo Alvarez

Technical Services Sr. Manager

ICANN