Subject: [dispatch] Suggestion on draft-loreto-dispatch-disaggregated-media-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:14:32 +0800

Hi Salvatore and Gonzalo,

I also think there are requirements to express a particular relationship 
between two or more of streams(m= lines) in different sessions/dialogs, 
while people do not want to combine there m= lines in one SDP or doing so 
is too hard for them. 
And further, I think we should allow;
1. combine only part of session1's streams and part of session2's streams 
as one group;
2. one session's differet streams can be in differet groups.

And as we have the mechanism to express a particular relationship between 
two or more of streams(m= lines) in one session(RFC3388), we may do 
extension on this base. 

If we can do the extension along this way, I have some suggestion:
1. To group media streams in different session(SDP), then we need the 
placeholder of session1's stream in session2;
2. While grouping streams in different sessions, session ID may be needed 
as part of the index. 

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : [email-masked]
===================================

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:28:57 +0200

Hi Gao,

can you provide us some simple use cases for your two proposed scenarios?

thanks
Sal

On 02/24/2010 08:14 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I also think there are requirements to express a particular 
> relationship between two or more of streams(m= lines) in different 
> sessions/dialogs, while people do not want to combine there m= lines 
> in one SDP or doing so is too hard for them.
> 1. combine only part of session1's streams and part of session2's 
> streams as one group;
> And as we have the mechanism to express a particular relationship 
> between two or more of streams(m= lines) in one session(RFC3388), we 
> may do extension on this base.
>
> 2. While grouping streams in different sessions, session ID may be 
> needed as part of the index.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gao
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:02:10 +0800

Hi Sal,

Considering remote virtual reality or remote 3D monitor，we want to 
combine two kinds of media in one dynamic presence. Suppose one kind of 
media is vedio/image, another is audio. Three are three vedio sampling 
streams, as v1, v2, v3 at different angle. Two audio sampling streams, as 
a1, a2, according to v1 and v2 separately. We send the whole five streams 
separately to the remote.

We need groups to describe these media streams:
1. group1(v1, a1);
2. group2(v2, a2);
3. group3(v1, v2, v3).

We need to express this characteristic, no matter how we arrange SDP.
Usually, we need some DSP process for the vedio streams. Then, the three 
vedio stream may be sent to one special media server to do 3D model 
computing and re-construct process. The media server then sends processed 
vedio streams in one session to the multi-projector to do the presence. 
This kind of media server usually need the three vedio stream in one 
SDP(SDP1), then we may use one AS to do such work.

Then we can compare SDP1 with the a1's SDP(SDP2).
v1 of SDP1 and a1 of SDP2 are in one group. That's the case of "combine 
only part of session1's streams and part of session2's streams as one 
group";
v1 of SDP1 and v2 of SDP1 are in different groups. That's the case of "one 
session's differet streams can be in differet groups"

Further, v1 of SDP1 can be in group1 and group3, then, we may need the 
third rules here, as "one session's one stream can be in different groups 
relating to streams outside of the session".

Cheers,

Gao 

Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]> 
2010-02-24 21:28

收件人
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
抄送
Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>
主题
Re: Suggestion on draft-loreto-dispatch-disaggregated-media-01.txt

Hi Gao,

thanks
Sal

Thanks, 

Gao 

===================================
Zip    : 210012
Tel    : 87211
Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
e_mail : [email-masked]
=================================== 
--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is 
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is 
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and 
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. 
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of 
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the 
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam 
system.