Subject: Re: [dispatch] I-D Action:draft-sandbakken-dispatch-bfcp-udp-01.txt

From: Tom Kristensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:30:52 +0200

On 25 October 2010 23:45,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>
>        Title           : Revision of the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) for use over an unreliable transport
>        Author(s)       : T. Kristensen, et al.
>        Filename        : draft-sandbakken-dispatch-bfcp-udp-01.txt
>        Pages           : 26
>        Date            : 2010-10-25
>
> This memo extends the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) for use
> over an unreliable transport.  It details a set of revisions to the
> protocol definition document and the specification of Session
> Description Protocol (SDP) format for BFCP streams.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sandbakken-dispatch-bfcp-udp-01

We managed to submit this version before the IETF-79 great
wall surrounded the draft submission tool yesterday. This is
the basis for the planned UDP/BFCP presentation/discussion
at the Dispatch meeting in Beijing:
  http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dispatch/agenda

Changes from -00:
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sandbakken-dispatch-bfcp-udp-01#appendix-A

Most notable changes:
- Removed the - too verbose and not directly related - rationale/
  motivation text describing background and why other approaches
  where not chosen. Focus on the actual extensions.
- Not mandate ICE as a SHALL, but leave it as a non-mandatory
  way of solving the potential need for NAT/FW traversal.
- Emphasized that the reference to DTLS-SRTP are merely
  informational.
- Decision made to not increase the protocol version number as
  a result of this extension.

-- Tom