Subject: [dispatch] Fwd: Reminder: BOF proposals due in 2 weeks

From: Mary B <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 09:35:43 -0500

As a reminder, the DISPATCH WG deadlines come up quickly after the BoF
deadline.  And, of course, if you think you have a topic of broad interest
that might warrant a full BoF, you should be talking to ADs.

Here are the DISPATCH WG deadlines:

   - Oct 7, 2019. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of plans to
   submit a proposal/topic.

   - Oct 14, 2019. Cutoff for proposals (i.e., problem statement and
   proposed deliverables) for topics posted to the DISPATCH WG mailing list.

   - Oct 21, 2019. Announcement of topics that have been dispatched for
   IETF-105.

   - Nov 4, 2019. Draft submission deadline.

That information is always available on the Wiki and there's a bit of
detail on the overall DISPATCH process that's summarized there:
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dispatch/wiki

We appreciate folks that have already started discussions on topics - that
makes it much easier for us to retain our usual  two hour time slot on
Monday morning.

Regards,
Mary
DISPATCH WG co-chair
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 8:41 AM
Subject: Reminder: BOF proposals due in 2 weeks
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: IETF <[email-masked]>

I wanted to remind everyone that proposals for "Birds of a Feather” (BOF)
sessions at IETF 106 are due Friday, October 4 by 23:59 UTC. Instructions
for submitting your proposal are available at:
https://www.ietf.org/how/bofs/bof-procedures/. Please also read
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434, Considerations for Having a Successful
Birds-of-a-Feather Session, if you are not familiar with it.

If you are working on a BOF request but you’re not quite ready to submit
it, please tell the IESG now by sending an email to [email-masked] to get
advance help with the request. We have a number of ways of bringing new
work into the IETF and BOFs are just one of them, so please talk to the
IESG or an individual Area Director (
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/members/) about your idea if you’re
thinking about proposing a BOF.

IETF 106 will take place November 16-22 in Singapore. More information is
available at: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/106/

Thanks,
Alissa Cooper
IETF Chair