Subject: [Emailcore] draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis and draft-ietf-emailcore-as-00

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 10:47:43 -0400

Hi.

Having seen no discussion on the WG list that seemed to argue
for changing the plan laid out by the co-Chairs, I have posted
draft-ietf-emailcore-rfc5321bis and draft-ietf-emailcore-as-00.  

In addition to the change of filename and other bits associated
with turning it into a WG draft, the former contains (relative
to draft-klensin-rfc5321bis-03) additions to Appendix G to
reflect the ietf-smtp list discussion of quoted strings in
addresses (mailbox local-parts) and some additional words about
email insecurity and TLS to that section of the appendix.   

There are no substantive differences between
draft-klensin-email-core-as-00 and draft-ietf-emailcore-as-00,
just the change of date, filename, and associated details.
Anyone interested (or even willing after offering your arm to be
twisted) in becoming editor, or lead editor and pen-holder, for
that document should approach the WG Chairs.

   john