Subject: [lisp] #8: Limits on "Gleaned" Map Entries Not Clear

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:44:50 -0000

#8: Limits on "Gleaned" Map Entries Not Clear
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major               |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 The current specification does not make it clear how long gleaned map
 entries should be retained in the cache, nor does it make it clear
 how/ when they will be validated.  The LISP spec should, at the very
 least,  include a (short) default lifetime for gleaned entries,
 require that  they be validated within a short period of time, and
 state that a new  gleaned entry should never overwrite an entry that
 was obtained from  the mapping system.   The security implications of
 storing "gleaned"  entries should also be explored in detail.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/8>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues