Subject: Re: [lisp] #7: LISP ETRs ignoring checksum value in LISP UDP outer header on decapsulation

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:09:58 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>

    > I don't really see why I'd want (in a real world situation, as opposed
    > to a test network) to run my LISP ITR/ETR (which is a tunnel endpoint
    > that decapsulates traffic from remote networks) _inside_ of my
    > NAT/firewall perimeter.

Mobile hosts, for one.

There are probably others, but I'm not good at that sort of coming up with
useful applications on the fly (hey, I missed both multi-homing _and_
provider independence as reasons to do identity/location separation :-).

Can anyone else come up with that kind of deployment scenario?

How about 'small business wants PI addresses and their ISP is selling NATed
IP service'?

	Noel

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:39:59 -0400

>> that decapsulates traffic from remote networks) _inside_ of my

Hmmm...  Which becomes a reason why it is important to be able to run  
LISP on common desktop operating systems...  and around and around it  
goes.  :-)
> How about 'small business wants PI addresses and their ISP is  

Good one.

Margaret