Subject: Re: [lisp] IPv6 UDP checksum issue

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 21:00:05 -0400

Hi Noel,

On Jul 30, 2009, at 7:33 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>
> Dino, why don't we just drop the 'inside IPv6' encapsulations from  
> the spec?
> I.e. keep only IPv4 in IPv4 and IPv6 in IPv4? The IPv6  
> encapsulations could be
> documented in a short non-IETF note that's posted on a personal web  
> page
> somewhere. (I'm assuming here that there are a few ISPs who'd  
> actually want to
> run inside IPv6, otherwise we could just drop them entirely.)

To drop the encapsulation in IPv6, you'd need to get LISP WG consensus  
to do so.

Personally, I would not agree with that choice.

Margaret

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 08:59:33 -0400

>>>>> "Margaret" == Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]> writes:

    Margaret> Hi Noel,

    Margaret> On Jul 30, 2009, at 7:33 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
    >> the spec?  I.e. keep only IPv4 in IPv4 and IPv6 in IPv4? The
    >> IPv6 encapsulations could be documented in a short non-IETF
    >> note that's posted on a personal web page somewhere. (I'm
    >> assuming here that there are a few ISPs who'd actually want to

    Margaret> To drop the encapsulation in IPv6, you'd need to get
    Margaret> LISP WG consensus to do so.
for a variety of reasons , I'd like to stop this thread here.  If you
believe there is additional discussion of removing IPV6 encapsulation
from the LISP spec that needs to happen on the LISP mailing list,
please discuss with the chairs first.