Subject: Re: [lisp] Flow label redux [Re: IPv6 UDP checksum issue]

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 13:11:10 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>

    > In addition ... this checksum would protect the LISP header, which
    > contains some one- bit fields and a nonce that would be sensitive to
    > corruption.

This is an issue I had identified a while back, and looked then to see if
undetected errors in the LISP user-data-packet header could cause any
problems, and as fas as I can see they can't. (I won't do the whole analysis
here - we should take it offline to the LISP list only; I'm still holding on
detailed analysis of the reachability vector in case it is replace by
versioning.)

	Noel

---

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:41:50 +0200

On Aug 13, 2009, at 16:56 , Francis Dupont wrote:

> In your previous mail you wrote:
>
>   If you want LISP on a desktop OS you need to update that OS, hence  
> at
>   the same time you can patch it to handle the 0 UDP checksum
>   consequently.
>
> => I disagree, it is easy to implement LISP in user mode (using
> the tun/tap interface/device driver for instance).
>

It is also easy to do it with pcap and then you do what you want with  
the packet.

Luigi

> Regards
>
> [email-masked]