Subject: [lisp] Reminder: Upcoming Draft Deadlines

From: "Darrel Lewis (darlewis)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:34:31 -0700

Hi all, as a reminder:

Monday, October 19th is the new (-00) draft deadline

Monday, October 26th the deadline for updates to existing drafts

At this time I haven't received any requests for agenda items, but I'm
aware of several potential candidate topics.  Please get your requests
for time in as soon as possible.  

-Darrel

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:11:16 -0400

[Speaking very much as an individual]

I've started a wiki page at
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/wiki/Security01 .  I hope to flesh
it out this weekend enough to have something worth discussing at the
IETf meeting.  I'd like to request time to start discussing this topic.

I think WG time could best be used discussing the goals of LISP
security--what we're trying to accomplish-- and possibly to give some
examples of attacks.

After this weekend I'll have a good idea of how much time I could use.

Luigi and some other folks are working on a different proposal for how
to think about LISP security.  We should poll them to figure out if
they want time as well.  I think the approaches are different enough
that combining these may not make sense at this point in the process.

---

From: "Darrel Lewis (darlewis)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:15:04 -0700

> I've started a wake page at
> IETF meeting.  I'd like to request time to start discussing 
> this topic.

Sounds good.

> 
> I think WAG time could best be used discussing the goals of LISP

I agree that face to face time is going to be best used getting on the
same page about the overall goals of security in LISP.

I might suggest organizing your approach to articulating those goals in
a way to limit the scope of the discussions.  An obvious first step is
data-plane, control plane, and device/infrastructure security.

> After this weekend I'll have a good idea of how much time I could use.

Sounds good.

> that combining these may not make sense at this point in the process.

I'd really like to keep them engaged, so soliciting them directly would
be a great thing.

-Darrel