Subject: Re: [lisp] #42: On the SMR mechanism

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:27:41 -0000

#42: On the SMR mechanism

Changes (by luigi@…):

  * status:  new => resolved
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Text has been modified to fix the issue.

-- 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |        Owner:                 
    Type:  technical                      |       Status:  resolved       
Priority:  minor                          |    Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                              |   Resolution:  fixed          
Keywords:                                 |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/42#comment:3>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:28:13 -0000

Changes (by luigi@…):

  * status:  resolved => closed

    Type:  technical                      |       Status:  closed         

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/42#comment:4>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 19:52:25 -0000

Changes (by yakov@…):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 The new text is still inadequate:

    Since the ETRs don't keep track of remote ITRs that have cached their
    mappings, they do not know which ITRs need to have their mappings
    updated.  As a result, an ETR will solicit Map-Requests (called an
    SMR message) from those sites to which it has been sending
    encapsulated data to for the last minute.  In particular, an ETR will
    send an SMR an ITR to which it has recently sent encapsulated data.

 "recently" in the last sentence above needs to be quantified.

 What is the meaning of "solicit Map-Requests from those sites" ? Does it
 mean soliciting it from all the xTRs of a given site, or only some ?

                                                               Since the
    mapping database system is more secure to reach an authoritative ETR,
    it will deliver the Map-Request to the authoritative source of the
    mapping data.

 "more secure" relative to what ? What is the justification for this
 assumption about the mapping database's security?

-- 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |        Owner:                 
    Type:  technical                      |       Status:  reopened       
Priority:  minor                          |    Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                              |   Resolution:                 
Keywords:                                 |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/42#comment:5>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues