Subject: [lisp] Changes updates to draft-ietf-lisp-ms

From: Vince Fuller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:38:21 -0800

Hello-

Attached please find a proposed version 7 of the LISP Map Server draft,
along with an "rfcdiff" from version 6.

Changes are fairly minor and consist mostly of editorial fixes and additions
of new text to keep consistent with the base LISP specification:

- Describe use of "Map-Notify" message during ETR-to-MS registration.

- Describe "proxy-map-reply" service by MS on behalf of ETR. This was
  previously defined in the base LISP spec but not mentioned in the MS spec.

- Describe Map Server and Map Resolver message processing for Encapsulated
  Control Messages received with security information as defined by the
  upcoming LISP-SEC draft.

- Clarify that a Encapsulated Map-Request is a Map-Request contained within
  an Encapsulated Control Message.

- State that co-located MR/MS functionality is the common case rather
  than the exceptional case (based on experience with LISP pilot network).

- Fix incorrect SHA-1/HMAC reference from RFC2404 to RFC2104.

- Minor editorial/spelling corrections.

This message is intended to start a one-week review period prior to
publication of draft-ietf-lisp-ms-07 to the Internet-Drafts repository
before the Prague IETF meeting.

	Thanks!
	Vince & Dino