Subject: Re: [lisp] #55: ETR failure and its implications on connectivity restoration time (review by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:46:51 -0000

#55: ETR failure and its implications on connectivity restoration time (review
by Y. Rekhter)

Changes (by jmh@…):

  * status:  new => resolved
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Text has been added to the documents on path liveness, including ETR
 liveness, checking, and responses ITRs can take to failures.

-- 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |        Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |       Status:  resolved       
Priority:  major               |    Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed          
Keywords:                      |  
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/55#comment:1>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:29:56 -0000

Comment(by yakov@…):

 The text that has been added on path liveness, etc... does not address the
 issue raised in this ticket, namely that with LISP connectivity
 restoration requires to propagate fault information from ETR all the way
 to ITR. To address the issue raised in this ticket I would propose to add
 the following to section 6.3:

     Restoring connectivity in the presence of faults at ETRs requires
 propagating
     fault information from the ETRs to the ITRs. This is in contrast to
 the
     current IP routing system, where restoring connectivity could be
 accomplished
     with a fairly limited scope of propagating fault information. The
 implication
     of these differences are outside the scope of this document.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/55#comment:2>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues