Subject: Re: [lisp] #75: Security of Map-Register message.

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:34:56 -0000

#75: Security of Map-Register message.

Comment(by luigi@…):

 Reply sent by Vince Fuller:

  * Covered by the LISP-SEC, draft which will be proposed as a WG item in
 Prague.

 '''Note:''' ticket will be closed Friday 25th March unless the responses
 noted here do not address the concern. If the concern is still not
 addressed substantive reasoning would be appreciated.

-- 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:     
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new
Priority:  major                          |   Component:  ms 
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/75#comment:1>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 15:48:25 -0000

Comment(by jmh@…):

 In chair review of this comment, there appear to be several separate
 items.
 1) We can use RFC 2119 language if that will help.
 2) With regard to requiring the Map Server to verify the EID prefix is
 known to be associated with the registering ETR, section 4.3 already says
 that it does verify that.  Section 4.2 however merely says it should
 verify that, and we need to fix that to align with the check being
 required.
 3) We can note in the security considerations section that additional
 checks are for further study.  To avoid coupling LISP-SEC, we will not say
 explicitly that some of those are in LISP-SEC, and some, such as full
 global validation, are for even later.

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/75#comment:2>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues