Subject: Re: [lisp] #94: Implications on using Control plane for data forwarding (comment 15 reported by Y. Rekhter)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:09:11 -0000

#94: Implications on using Control plane for data forwarding (comment 15
reported by Y. Rekhter)

Changes (by luigi@…):

  * status:  new => resolved
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Authors replied on the mailinglist that in their opinion there is no need
 to make any change to the draft. Neither the original person that raised
 the issue nor the mailinglist stated a different opinion.

-- 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |        Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |       Status:  resolved       
Priority:  major               |    Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed          
Keywords:                      |  
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/94#comment:1>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:10:02 -0000

Changes (by luigi@…):

  * status:  resolved => closed

    Type:  technical           |       Status:  closed         

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/94#comment:2>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:56:44 -0000

Changes (by yakov@…):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 The issue raised in this ticket has to be addresses. Until this issue is
 addressed, the ticket should stay open.

-- 
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Reporter:  wmhaddad@…          |        Owner:                 
    Type:  technical           |       Status:  reopened       
Priority:  major               |    Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:                 
Keywords:                      |  
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/94#comment:3>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:11:48 -0400

Yakov, I am confused by your re-opening this issue.
The text from the ticket no longer appears in the LISP documents.
The LISP ALT document does still have references to forwarding data 
plane packets through the control plane.  That text has explicit 
warnings that this appears to be a bad idea, and that it should only be 
done for special tests aimed at verifying that question.

If you feel something more is needed in one of the documents, can you 
please be more specific.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:31:02 -0000

Changes (by yakov@…):

  * status:  reopened => resolved
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 The ticket should be closed as the text quoted in the ticket has been
 removed.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/94#comment:4>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:31:32 -0700

Joel,

> The text from the ticket no longer appears in the LISP documents.

It would be very helpful if the ticket would just say this.

> If you feel something more is needed in one of the documents, can you 

I just closed the ticket.

Yakov.