Subject: [lisp] I-D Action:draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 02:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LISP Map-Versioning
	Author(s)       : L. Iannone, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2011-03-11

This document describes the LISP Map-Versioning mechanism, which
provides in-packet information about EID-to-RLOC mappings used to
encapsulate LISP data packets.  The proposed approach is based on
associating a version number to EID-to-RLOC mappings and transport
such a version number in the LISP specific header of LISP-
encapsulated packets.  LISP Map-Versioning is particularly useful to
inform communicating xTRs about modifications of the mappings used to
encapsulate packets.  The mechanism is transparent to legacy
implementations, since in the LISP-specific header and in the Map
Records, bits used for Map-Versioning can be safely ignored by xTRs
that do not support the mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.