Subject: Re: [lisp] #76: Implication of using anycast addresses for Map-servers

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:47:06 -0000

#76: Implication of using anycast addresses for Map-servers

Comment(by luigi@…):

 Reply sent by Vince Fuller:

  * Outside of the scope of the current document which only describes use
 of anycast addresses for Map-Resolvers; use of anycast addresses for Map-
 Servers is not defined and is explicitly not recommended in section 4.4.1.

 '''Note:''' ticket will be closed Friday 25th March unless the responses
 noted here do not address the concern. If the concern is still not
 addressed substantive reasoning would be appreciated.

-- 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:     
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new
Priority:  major                          |   Component:  ms 
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:     
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/76#comment:1>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 06:52:46 -0000

Changes (by luigi@…):

  * status:  new => resolved
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 The WG Chairs do not plan to allow the use of anycast for Map-Servers,
 hence consider that no change in the text is required.

-- 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |        Owner:          
    Type:  technical                      |       Status:  resolved
Priority:  major                          |    Component:  ms      
Severity:  -                              |   Resolution:  fixed   
Keywords:                                 |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/76#comment:2>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 06:53:02 -0000

Changes (by luigi@…):

  * status:  resolved => closed

    Type:  technical                      |       Status:  closed

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/76#comment:3>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues