Subject: [lisp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-16.txt> (Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 00:36:34 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
WG (lisp) to consider the following document:
- 'Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)'
  <draft-ietf-lisp-16.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft describes a network-based protocol that enables separation
   of IP addresses into two new numbering spaces: Endpoint Identifiers
   (EIDs) and Routing Locators (RLOCs).  No changes are required to
   either host protocol stacks or to the "core" of the Internet
   infrastructure.  LISP can be incrementally deployed, without a "flag
   day", and offers traffic engineering, multi-homing, and mobility
   benefits to early adopters, even when there are relatively few LISP-
   capable sites.

   Design and development of LISP was largely motivated by the problem
   statement produced by the October 2006 IAB Routing and Addressing
   Workshop.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.