Subject: [lisp] Clarification on draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis

From: "Prakash Jain (prakjain)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 01:39:11 +0000

Hi Authors,

Came across following in (draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis-24) ,

Page 14, under EID Prefix:

"When a Map-Request is sent by an ITR because a data
      packet is received for a destination where there is no mapping
      entry, the EID-Prefix is set to the destination IP address of the
      data packet, and the 'EID mask-len' is set to 32 or 128 for IPv4
      or IPv6, respectively.  When an xTR wants to query a site about
      the status of a mapping it already has cached, the EID-Prefix used
      in the Map-Request has the same mask-length as the EID-Prefix
      returned from the site when it sent a Map-Reply message."

Page 15, under  EID-to-RLOC UDP Map-Request Message:

"A Map-Request is sent from an ITR when it needs a mapping for an EID,

   wants to test an RLOC for reachability, or wants to refresh a mapping

   before TTL expiration.  For the initial case, the destination IP

   address used for the Map-Request is the data packet's destination

   address (i.e., the destination EID) that had a mapping cache lookup

   failure.  For the latter two cases, the destination IP address used

   for the Map-Request is one of the RLOC addresses from the Locator-Set

   of the Map-Cache entry.  The source address is either an IPv4 or IPv6

   RLOC address, depending on whether the Map-Request is using an IPv4

   or IPv6 header, respectively."

Isn't second case above referring to map-cache refresh for EID Prefix and "Destination IP address" as EID Prefix (instead of RLOC)?

Typo or I am missing something?

Thanks,
Prakash

[https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/m/en_us/signaturetool/images/logo/Cisco_Logo_no_TM_Medium_Gray-RGB_43px.png]
Prakash Jain
TECHNICAL LEADER.ENGINEERING
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Tel: +1 408 525 1273

Cisco Systems, Inc.
821 Alder Drive
MILPITAS
95035
United States
cisco.com
[http://www.cisco.com/assets/swa/img/thinkbeforeyouprint.gif]
Think before you print.
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.
Please click here<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/legal/terms-sale-software-license-agreement/company-registration-information.html> for Company Registration Information.