Subject: [lisp] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 03:41:32 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-gpe/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I found this document easy to read and understand.

A couple of minor comments:

4.3.  UDP Checksum

   By default, UDP checksum MUST be used when LISP-GPE is transported
   over IPv6.  A tunnel endpoint MAY be configured for use with zero UDP
   checksum if additional requirements in Section 4.3.1 are met.

This paragraph could probably be moved/merged into section 4.3.1?

4.4.  DSCP, ECN and TTL

   When a LISP-GPE router performs Ethernet encapsulation, the inner
   header 802.1Q [IEEE.802.1Q_2014] VLAN Identifier (VID) MAY be mapped
   to, or used to determine the LISP Instance IDentifier (IID) field.

This text doesn't appear to be related to DSCP, ECN or TTL.  Perhaps tweak the
title of this section to cover this text?

Regards,
Rob

---

From: "Fabio Maino (fmaino)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 23:43:05 +0000

Hi Rob, 
Thanks for your review. Please see below. 

On 7/7/20, 3:41 AM, "Robert Wilton via Datatracker" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi,

    4.3.  UDP Checksum

[FM] good catch. We have moved it there in rev-17

    4.4.  DSCP, ECN and TTL

[FM] Good point. Changed to " DSCP, ECN, TTL, and 802.1Q". 

Thanks,
Fabio

    Regards,
    Rob