Subject: [lisp] Magnus Westerlund's Discuss on draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-17: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Magnus Westerlund via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 02:15:05 -0700

Magnus Westerlund has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-17: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-gpe/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 4.2:

To me it looks like this is normative reference to the :

Such new encapsulated payloads, when registered with LISP-
   GPE, MUST be accompanied by a set of guidelines derived from
   [I-D.ietf-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines] and [RFC6040].

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 4.3.1:

Thanks for writing relevant guidance on how to mitigate the risks with zero
checksum. Especially the one on traffic separation from other traffic so that
it can be caught on the boundaries of the network to prevent the risk to other
networks from corrupted traffic.