Subject: [Mobike] SG-SG using the SCTP model of multi-homing

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 06:38:25 +0200

This is a concrete example of a SG-SG setup using what I called the SCTP
model of multi-homing (one control connection, multiple streams using
different paths).

My telecom engineer school has two main sites B and C with three
networks between them:
 - a Gbits/s research network (we'd like to use it for everything but
   we may not :-)
 - a dedicated 4 Mbits/s ATM link used for PABX interconnection and
   videoconferences but available for general IP traffic between the
   two sites too
 - a 16Mbits/s (don't laugh) attachment of each site to the NREN (National
   Research and Education Network), itself connected to the Internet.
Imagine we'd like to protect all 3 paths with an IKEv2 Security Gateway
box per site, I'd like to setup an IKE SA using the Gbits/s network,
an IPsec SA pair for research traffic throught it, a second IPsec SA pair
for general traffic throught the dedicated ATM and be able to downgrade
up to the Internet path in case of problems. The easiest way to provide
this is to use the part of SAs update feature.

Regards

[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike