Subject: [Mobike] issue 6: scope of SA changes

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:07:07 +0200

Lets have a consensus call on this. From the list
discussion so far I don't see enough people commenting
on this that would enable us to make decision. For
a more accurate decision, I have broken the issue down
into three questions.

1. Would it be useful to treat different flows or applications
    in a different manner with regards to their multihoming
    behaviour? For instance, keep one flow always in GPRS
    but allow another flow to use LAN where available.

    Yes, mandatory [ ]
    Yes, optional  [ ]
    No             [ ]

2. Would you like to provide this functionality through

    Separate IPsec SAs and their independent addresses   [ ]
    Separate IKE SAs and their independent addresses     [ ]

3. If you prefer the use of IPsec SAs for this purpose,
    would you like

    always manage each SA separately           [ ]
    provide a default where all SAs are moved  [ ]

Send your answers by Wednesday, Nov 3rd, 2004. The rationale
behind your answers will help others form their opinions, so
please state also why you are answering in a particular way.

--Jari

_______________________________________________
Mobike mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.machshav.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mobike