Subject: [MSEC] I-D ACTION:draft-rafaeli-lkh2-00.txt

From: "Sandro Rafaeli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:11:18 -0200

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Title : LKH+2: An improvement on the LKH+ algorithm for removal operations
Author(s) : S. Rafaeli, L. Mathy and D. Hutchison
Filename : draft-rafaeli-lkh2-00.txt
Pages : 13
Date : January-02

Several algorithms have been proposed to deal with the group key management
problem. The most promising are those based on Logical Key Hierarchies
(LKH). An LKH reduces the size of the rekey messages, reducing also the
storage and processing requirements. An improved LKH algorithm called
LKH+2 is described here. Using LKH+2, a group manager can use keys already
in the tree to derive new keys. Using previously known keys saves
information to be transmitted to members when a membership change occurs
and new keys have to be created or updated. LKH+2 achieves K log_2 n
message size (K is the size of a key) for leave operations. It is also
shown that the LKH+2 algorithm does not increase the storage and
processing requirements when compared to other LKH schemes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rafaeli-lkh2-00.txt

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec