Subject: [MSEC] RE: [MMUSIC] RE: summarizing discussion on codec placement in ans wer

From: "Peter Barany" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:29:14 -0600

Hi,

If we assume that we are talking about SRTP (draft-ietf-avt-srtp-02.txt)
with the key exchange mechanism/SDP extensions being defined in
draft-ietf-msec-mikey-00.txt and draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-01.txt,
respectively, then there should be no ambiguity with early media solution(s)
provided that the new proposed SDP attribute "a=keymgmt-data:" contains
based-64 encoded MIKEY payloads in the UPDATE request method contains all of
the parameters (e.g., SSRC,etc.) required to create a cryptographic
context(s) (...and then provided that the response code to the UPDATE
request method accepts the codec(s) offered to it).

The potential problem with the previous e-mail regarding offer/answer issue
related to a conflict regarding the sending of "a=keymgmt-data:" in SDP
with, for example, 3 cryptographic context(s) (3 SSRCs) but only two
codec(s). See below. Thanks.

Regards,

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Roman Shpount [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 6:49 PM
To: Sen, Sanjoy [NGC:B692:EXCH]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] RE: summarizing discussion on codec placement in
answer

Sanjoy Sen wrote:

> Also, its not clear to some of us how would you negotiate the 
> attributes that're associated with the media session (e.g., security 
> parameters). Example, suppose Offerer sends 3 codecs - 2,3,4 and the 
> answerer responds with 3,4 and adds an a=keymgmt-data: attribute for
> this media, should the offerer be ready to accept 2 with the security 
> keys applied?

I have a related question: How would the same security parameter negotiation
work with early media?
___________________________________
Roman Shpount, VP of Technology
aTelo, Inc. 
2107 Wilson Blvd., Suite 301 
Arlington, VA 22201 
PCN: 703-621-4040 for voice / fax
www.atelo.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic