Subject: Re: [MSEC] STR acronym

From: Yongdae Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 14:58:11 -0700

2 days ago I already posted from hotmail, but the message is not showing 
up till now... So repost... If duplicated, disregard this message...

Static version of our paper was already written in 80's by Steer et. 
al... Later in ICDCS 98, Michael Steiner et. al called this static 
scheme as STR... 
We also call our dynamic version protocol as STR without having any 
specific reason... After some discussion with other coauthors, we decide 
that "STR" is acronym of "Skinny TRee" ;-)
Thanks,
Yongdae

 From [email-masked]  Thu Jun  6 14:29:30 2002
From: [email-masked] (Luca Venturi)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:29:30 +0200
Subject: [MSEC] STR acronym
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hi everybody,
I have to post a silly question:
does anybody know if the name 'STR' of the protocol by Adrian Perrig,
Yongdae Kim and Gene Tsudik is an acronym or simply a fantasy name? what
does it stand for?
I would really appreciate a kind answer from you!
thank you in advance
Luca