Subject: [MSEC] release of doc draft-ietf-msec-gsakmp-light-sec-01.txt

From: Uri Meth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:45:07 -0400

draft-ietf-msec-gsakmp-light-sec-01.txt

Document expiration:  December 31, 2002

                                  Abstract

     A protocol specification must balance two often conflicting goals:
    to produce as general a protocol as possible, and to produce a
    simple protocol.  The Group Secure Association Key Management
    Protocol (GSAKMP) is a general protocol for creating and managing
    cryptographic groups on a network.  This document describes
    the GSAKMP-Light (GL) profile, a way to shorten the number of
    messages exchanged during secure group establishment.  The GSAKMP
    protocol assumed that group members joining a secure group had
    no information about the specific security mechanisms used by the
    group (for example, the key length, encryption protocol, etc).
    GSAKMP-Light provides a profile for the case where group members

This is a rerelease of the original GSAKMP-Light specification to keep
it current, the original document had expired.

UM
-- 
Uri Meth                            (410) 381 - 9400 x233 (voice)
SPARTA, Inc.                        (410) 381 - 5559      (fax)
9861 Broken Land Parkway, Suite 300 [email-masked]
Columbia, MD  21046

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec