Subject: [MSEC] paper on reliable rekey transport protocols

From: "Sanjeev Setia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:49:51 -0400

Hi,
 We have recently authored a paper on the performance of
reliable group rekey transport protocols. The abstract
and URL are given below. Comments and feedback would be
much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sanjeev Setia

-----------------------------------------------------------

Title: A Comparative Performance Analysis of Reliable
Group Rekey Transport Protocols for Secure Multicast.

URL: http://www.ise.gmu.edu/techrep/2002/02_05.pdf  

Abstract:

We present a new scalable and reliable key distribution 
protocol for group key management schemes that use logical 
key hierarchies for scalable group rekeying. Our protocol, 
called WKA-BKR, is based upon two ideas, weighted key 
assignment and batched key retransmission, both of which 
exploitthe special properties of logical key hierarchies and
the group rekey transport payload to reduce the bandwidth 
overhead of the reliable key delivery protocol. We have 
compared the performance of WKA-BKR with that of other rekey 
transport protocols, including a recently proposed protocol 
based on proactive FEC. Our results show that for most network
loss scenarios, the bandwidth used by WKA-BKR is lower than that
of the other protocols examined.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec