Subject: [MSEC] GSAKMP Light Cookies

From: "Peter Lough" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:47:30 -0500

Based on recommendations by Logica, GSAKMP Light will be using Cookies as an anti-clogging mechanism in it's next revision.  The mechanism will be based on ISAKMP/IKE.  Additionally, GSAKMP is being replaced in it's entirety by GSAKMP Light.  The original GSAKMP was originally being tracked to become an informational RFC; however, the three message GSAKMP Light transaction is seen as a better overall solution and will incorporate the information necessary from GSAKMP to stand alone as a document.  When GSAKMP Light is re-released, it will be released as GSAKMP and will drop the mechanisms from the original five message transactions that no longer apply to the three message transaction.

Peter Lough
SPARTA, Inc.

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:34:56 -0800

hi Peter
   when I read that you all are incorporating additional ISAKMP features, I 
have to ask the question:  What are the significant differentiators between 
GSAKMP Light and GDOI?

regards,  Mark
At 09:47 AM 10/29/2002 -0500, Peter Lough wrote:
>
>Based on recommendations by Logica, GSAKMP Light will be using Cookies as 
>an anti-clogging mechanism in it's next revision.  The mechanism will be 
>based on ISAKMP/IKE.  Additionally, GSAKMP is being replaced in it's 
>entirety by GSAKMP Light.  The original GSAKMP was originally being 
>tracked to become an informational RFC; however, the three message GSAKMP 
>Light transaction is seen as a better overall solution and will 
>incorporate the information necessary from GSAKMP to stand alone as a 
>document.  When GSAKMP Light is re-released, it will be released as GSAKMP 
>and will drop the mechanisms from the original five message transactions 
>that no longer apply to the three message transaction.
>
>Peter Lough
>SPARTA, Inc.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec