Subject: [MSEC] Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP)

From: "Rami Lehtonen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:18:19 +0300

FYI
--
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP)
	Author(s)	: R. Lehtonen et al.
	Filename	: draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-01.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2002-10-18

In IP multicast all hosts that join a multicast group (*, G) or (S,
G) can receive the multicast traffic.  This draft introduces
Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP) that makes it possible to
selectively enable multicast receiving and sending.  MCOP is used
between Multicast Control Agent (MCA) and routers that have directly
connected multicast sources or receivers.  The receiver and source
control is done by MCOP enabled routers based on the information
received from the MCA.  MCOP enabled routers filter IGMP/MLD reports
and multicast packets before they reach the IGMP/MLD processing layer
or multicast routing stack of the router.  MCOP is independent of
multicast routing protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-01.txt
--

Comments can be sent to MAGMA working group and/or to the authors.

- Rami

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec