Subject: [MSEC] Securing Feedback Messages

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:39:36 -0500

All,

We submitted a new draft on secure transmission of feedback messages for 
NACK transport, SA synchronization etc.  Please note that due to time 
constraints the draft is really sketchy.  We welcome discussion, both on 
whether such a feature is required, as well on the details of the solution.

best regards,
Lakshminath

Title:  Securing Feedback Messages: Secure and Scalable Many-to-one 
Communication

Authors:  L. Dondeti and T. Hardjono

Abstract

    Members in a secure group may need to communicate to the GCKS to
    Deregister from the group, for SA resynchronization, and to request
    retransmission of a Rekey message. A simple solution is to keep the
    registration SA around, but that comes at the expense of O(n) SA
    maintenance, and storage at the GCKS. Each member is also responsible
    for maintaining an extra SA. We propose an efficient method for mem-
    bers to securely send messages to the GCKS, using the Rekey SA.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dondeti-ietf-msec-secure-feedback-00.txt

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec