Subject: [MSEC] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt]

From: Thomas Hardjono <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:36:51 -0700

[I'm re-sending this as it did not make it to the mailing-list. TH.]

>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt
>Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:52:40 -0400
>From: [email-masked]
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
>
>
>         Title           : The Flat Multicast Key Exchange protocol
>         Author(s)       : L. Duquerroy, S. Josset
>         Filename        : draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt
>         Pages           : 30
>         Date            : 2003-6-17
>
>This document presents a new group key management protocol called
>FMKE (Flat Multicast Key Exchange). Its objective is to manage
>securely group Security Associations (SA), i.e. establish and update
>SAs in Group members. These members can be identified for instance
>by a multicast IP address, a virtual LAN identifier, or a generic
>group label. This protocol is based on a centralized management,
>achieved by the GCKS (Group Controller and Key Server). It is
>destined to be used by Data Security protocols which wish to secure
>group communications. For the time being, the considered Data
>Security protocol is a multicast version of the IPSEC ESP protocol,
>but other Data Security protocols could be envisaged. The FMKE
>protocol exchanges TEKs (Traffic Encryption Keys) and KEKs (Key
>Encryption Keys). The FMKE protocol is optimized for very large
>groups with direct connections such as satellite systems, or wireless
>systems such as WIFI.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
>ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
>message.
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
>username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>         "get draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>         [email-masked].
>In the body type:
>         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt".
>
>NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
>readers
>         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>         how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec