Subject: [MSEC] MSEC arch, comments on section 4.3

From: George Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:41:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

	I found the following text in section 4.3 confusing on my first
read:

4.3 Structure of a GSA: Reasoning

   Figure 3 shows three categories of SAs that can be aggregated into a
   GSA. There is a need to maintain SAs between a Key Server and a group
   member (both a sender and a receiver) and among the members
   themselves. There are two SAs established between the GCKS and the
   members, and there is an SA established among the sending and
   receiving members.

I would like to suggest the following rewording of the above text, (your
discretion whether this intro is "better").

"Figure 3 shows the three categories of SA that together form a single
GSA. These categories are:

1.  Registration SA - A separate unicast SA between the GCKS and each
group member, regardless of whether the group member is a sender or a
receiver or both.

2.  Rekey SA - A single multicast SA between the GCKS and all of the group
members.

3.  Data SA - A multicast SA between each multicast source speaker and the
group's receivers. There are as many data SA as there are multicast
sources allowed by the group's policy.

hth,
	George

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:34:23 -0700

Hi George,

Thanks for the feedback about the text being confusing. I've adopted
your text (tweaked a bit) for the next version of the document.

Thanks!
Brian 

-- 
Brian Weis
Strategic Cryptographic Development, ITD, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]