Subject: [MSEC] CSPRI Implementation of the GSAKMP

From: Sead Muftic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:19:41 -0400

I would like to inform this group that Cyber Security Research and Policy
Institute

of The George Washington University has recently completed the full
implementation

of the GSAKMP protocol, together with the first secure group application:
secure

instant messages within a group. The implementation is based on the
documents

draft-ietf-msec-gsakmp-sec-00.txt (March 2001) and

<bigger>draft-ietf-msec-tokenspec-sec-00.txt

The implementation has been successfully tested against another
implementation

by Sparta, Inc, processing Policy Token file and all GSAKMP messages.

Soon, all the information about our on-going "Survivable Group Security
Architecture"

project including our software for download will be available on the
Institute's Web 

site. In the meantime, for any additional information please contact me
directly.

Regards,

Sead Muftic

Research Director

CSPRI/GWU

</bigger>

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:30:34 -0400

Hi,

I have a question on the GSAKMP spec.  When I read the spec (-01-, I 
think), my first feeling was that it is under specified.  I have told 
Hugh and Andrea this and they said they might be able to include some 
additional detail, but not a lot.

In your team's experience, is the spec self-contained?  Did you have to 
refer to other RFCs (which is ok), or did you have to contact the 
authors or other implementers?  If so, how frequently.

For example, while implementing GDOI, I worked with the ISAKMP and 
IKE(v1) RFCs, and of course the GDOI I-D.  During the interop testing, I 
interpreted some attributes differently than Brian did.  After the 
testing, Brian revamped the spec to remove the ambiguities (is that a 
fair summary Brian?)

Thanks for your input to the WG.

regards,
Lakshminath

I might read the GSAKMP spec again when -02- comes out to see whether I 
would be able to implement it independently.

Sead Muftic wrote:
> 
> 
> I would like to inform this group that Cyber Security Research and 
> Policy Institute
> 
> of the GSAKMP protocol, together with the first secure group 
> application: secure
> 
> draft-ietf-msec-tokenspec-sec-00.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________ msec mailing list 
> [email-masked] http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec
>