Subject: [MSEC] Starting Last Call for GSAKMP-Classic draft for Experimental RFC

From: Thomas Hardjono <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:08:14 -0700

Folks,

One of the WG actions items from the last IETF56 meeting in San Francisco 
was to advance the GSAKMP-Classic draft to Experimental RFC (as suggested 
by Russ).

Thus, I'd like to begin the Last Call for GSAKMP-Classic.

If there are outstanding issues, please bring them up on the 
mailing-list.  It would be good if we could finalize this WG item at the 
next IETF.

cheers,

thomas
------

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Hugh Harney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:53:12 -0400

Thomas,

I'd rather move the GSAKMP draft (previously know as Light) toward 
final call for a standard. GSAKMP has two other companies that have 
implemented GSAKMP implementations from the Internet Draft. We have 
updated the draft to reflect the comments we have received.

There are a couple of projects, in the US and in Europe, that are 
looking at using GSAKMP in large systems. They want to see it move to a 
standard so that it can be contracted. I think we should take that step 
toward standardization. We are ready.

While I'd like the GSAKMP-Classic draft (now called Tunneled GSAKMP) to 
eventually become an Experimental draft. I'd rather keep focused on the 
specification for standardization.

Hugh

On Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003, at 13:08 US/Eastern, Thomas Hardjono wrote:

>
> Folks,
>
> One of the WG actions items from the last IETF56 meeting in San 
> Francisco was to advance the GSAKMP-Classic draft to Experimental RFC 
> (as suggested by Russ).
>
> mailing-list.  It would be good if we could finalize this WG item at 
> the next IETF.
>
> cheers,
>
> thomas
> ------
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Hugh Harney							Sparta, Inc.
[email-masked]						7075 Samuel Morse Drive
(410) 872-1515 x203					Columbia, MD, 21046

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:18:23 -0400

Hugh,

Has there been an update to the GSAKMP draft?  Thanks.

regards,
Lakshminath

Hugh Harney wrote:
> Thomas,
> 
> I'd rather move the GSAKMP draft (previously know as Light) toward final 
> call for a standard. GSAKMP has two other companies that have

---

From: Hugh Harney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:59:01 -0400

We will be submitting an update for the Austria meeting. The changes 
are mainly editorial.

On Friday, Jun 20, 2003, at 15:18 US/Eastern, Lakshminath Dondeti wrote:

>> looking at using GSAKMP in large systems. They want to see it move to 
>> a standard so that it can be contracted. I think we should take that 
>> step toward standardization. We are ready.
>> While I'd like the GSAKMP-Classic draft (now called Tunneled GSAKMP) 
>> to eventually become an Experimental draft. I'd rather keep focused 
>> on the specification for standardization.
>> Hugh
>>> Francisco was to advance the GSAKMP-Classic draft to Experimental 
>>> RFC (as suggested by Russ).
>>>
Hugh Harney							Sparta, Inc.

---

From: Rob Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:04:27 +0100

Hi,

	First let me introduce myself, my name is robert walton and i work at a 
company called DANTE, I am currently responsible for the security on the 
GEANT network and for my sins I have been forced to look into the murky 
world of multicast security. ;o)	I've been a residual lurker on your 
mailing list for the last month or so and i'd like to thank everyone for 
the great info i have been able to acquire just from 'sniffing' your mails.

	I'm actually at the FIRST conference at the moment and i was wondering if 
any of you guys are here also as i would love the opportunity to grab one 
of you guys and drain your MSEC knowledge even more, so if any of you are 
here also please ping me back and i'll make sure to look out for you.

many thanks,
Rob Walton
_________________________________________________________________

* * Rob Walton - Network Security Consultant
* * DANCERT
* Francis House Tel +44 1223 302 992
* 112 Hills Road Fax +44 1223 303 005
* Cambridge CB2 1PQ
D A N T E United Kingdom
_________________________________________________________________