Subject: [MSEC] [Fwd: 57th IETF: new GSEC I-D]

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:16:23 -0400

Hi all,

There is a new draft "draft-irtf-gsec-lifecycle-00.txt."   Michael 
Howarth or someone from his team will be presenting the draft at GSEC in 
Vienna.

best,
Lakshminath

PS:  Michael, please post a *link to the I-D* to the group if you have 
one available.  If not, we will wait until the I-D shows up in 
IETF-Announce.  Thank you.

+++++++++++++++

Life cycle key management costs in secure multicast

                       <draft-irtf-gsec-lifecycle-00.txt>

ABSTRACT

     This Internet-Draft considers efficient key management for
     encrypted multicast traffic in large groups, where the group size
     and dynamics have a significant impact on the network load.  We
     consider the life cycle key management costs of a multicast
     connection, and show for a Logical Key Hierarchy (LKH) how member
     pre-registration and periodic admission reduces the initialization
     cost, and how the optimum outdegree of a hierarchical tree varies
     with the expected member volatility and rekey factor.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec