Subject: [MSEC] MSEC arch, comments on section 4.1

From: George Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:37:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

A comment on the following passage in section 4.1:

   A security association is a commonly used term in cryptographic
   systems [RFC2401, RFC2409].

gmg> given that RFC2401bis and the ESPbis drafts are redefining SA selectors for the
gmg> benefit of secure multicast, it seems timely to reference that work since it is
gmg> what will be relevant in the foreseeable future. Or else indicate
gmg> here what multicast SA selectors will be doing (since 2401 is
gmg> misleading).

br,
	George

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:11:12 -0700

Hi George,

This text doesn't mean to define a security association to be exactly
that in RFC2401, etc., but as a more general concept. I'll try to make
that more clear. Still, it's a good idea to reference the newer
documents as you suggest.

Thanks,
Brian

-- 
Brian Weis
Strategic Cryptographic Development, ITD, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]