Subject: [MSEC] Announcement of draft-ietf-msec-arch-02.txt

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:22:40 -0700

Thanks to everyone who provided comments on the MSEC Arch -01 draft, and
to those who discussed it on the list. I've attempted to address those
comments and discussion in the -02 draft, which was submitted today.
Thomas has made an early copy available for your immediate perusal, and
further comments are welcomed. As previously announced, the last call
for the document ends on Friday, 8 August 2003.

	http://www.securemulticast.org/draft-ietf-msec-arch-02.txt

Here is a summary of the changes:

1. Formatting nits:
   a. Funny looking bullets were fixed.
   b. Mis-numbered headings were re-numbered.

2. Addition of a "Scope" section as Section 1.1. This section attempts
to address much of the discussion on this list regarding IP multicast
routing, IGMP, NAT, and reliability.

3. The text in Section 4.3 was re-worded to match section 4.4

4. Text was added to Section 5.4 to clarify the separation of IGMP
"joins"/"leaves" and group key management "joins"/"leaves".

5. A sentence was added to Section 5.5 regarding PKI.

Thanks,
Brian

-- 
Brian Weis
Strategic Cryptographic Development, ITD, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec