Subject: [MSEC] GSAKMP issue 10: GSAKMP payload header should align with IKE-v2

From: George Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:33:42 -0400 (EDT)

GSAKMP issue 10

Section and relevant text passage:

6.2 Generic Payload Header

Comment/issue description:

The payload header should be aligned with the IKE-v2 payload header syntax and
critical bit semantics.

The text should indicate it follows the IKE-v2 policy with respect to padding.
I would assume that GSAKMP currently does not attempt to do modulo-4 payload header
alignment? (Neither does IKE-v2, but then other protocols do e.g. Diameter)

The text does not say so, but I would have to guess the Payload length is in
network byte order.

Suggested issue resolution:

The text should explicitly define the syntax and semantics wrt/ the above to match IKE-v2.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec