Subject: [MSEC] GSAKMP issue 18: use of Notify to assist data synchronization

From: George Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:42:19 -0400 (EDT)

GSAKMP issue 18

Section and relevant text passage:

6.9 Notification Payload, the text that says:

"For example, a secure front end or security gateway may use
the Notify message to synchronize SA communication.  Table 18
presents the Notification Payload Status Types.

Comment/issue description:

This text indicating how to achieve synchronization should be cloned
to other parts of the spec so it is not overlooked. The table 18
does not offer enough information to know how to do this synchronization
with the various "status types". When are these flavors of Notify
sent by the GCKS? or the GM?

Suggested issue resolution:

explain the synchronization solution in a new section. include
a protocol ladder diagram. modify the section 7 state diagram
to reflect these improvements.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec