Subject: [MSEC] Splitting token from protocol

From: Sead Muftic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:50:44 -0400

Hugh and other MSEC friends:

>We struggled the decision to split the GSAKMP Policy Token into it's own
>draft. We decided to do this for two reasons.

Based on our current implementation of the GSAKMP and the first secure group
application using GSAKMP, we fully support your decision. Decoupling GSAKMP
from the Policy Token has several advantages. In principle, as you also
suggest:

   (a) GSAKMP may use alternative authorization policies, and 
   (b) Policy Token may itself be used as the specification of the
authorization policy 
       for other security protocols/applications, not only GSAKMP.

So, separation of the GSAKMP from Policy Token would be really very helpful.

Regards,

Sead Muftic
CSPRI/GWU

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec