Subject: [MSEC] Protocol Action: Diameter Base Protocol to Proposed Standard (fwd)

From: George Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:13:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
	In follow up to Hugh's e-mail, here is the IESG announcement of
the Diameter protocol spec's transition to Proposed Standard.

br,
	George

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:55:47 -0500
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>,
     [email-masked]
Subject: Protocol Action: Diameter Base Protocol to Proposed Standard

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Diameter Base Protocol'
<draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This document
is the product of the Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Randy Bush and Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary

  This document is the base for the proposed new IETF AAA protocol
  suite. The base protocol is intended to provide an AAA framework for
  applications such as network access and IP mobility. Diameter is
  also intended to work in both local AAA and in roaming situations.
  This draft specifies the message format, transport, error reporting,
  accounting and security services to be used by all Diameter
  applications. The Diameter base application MUST be supported by all
  Diameter implementations.

Working Group Summary

  There was no technical dissent to this document in the aaa working
  group or during IETF last call.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush, and many
  others.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec