Subject: [MSEC] GSAKMP issue 03: recipient ID

From: George Gross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:25:49 -0400 (EDT)

GSAKMP issue 03

Section and relevant text passage:

section 4.2.1: "Within the GSAKMP header is a group ID. Because
the member may be served by any Key Server within a group, this ID provides
sufficient granularity for the recipient ID for the Request to Join message.
Other messages sent by the potential member will contain the recipient ID
for the GCKS serving that member."

Comment/issue description:

The term "recipient ID" is not previously defined, and it is not explicitly mentioned anywhere else
in the document. In what namespace is the "recipient ID" allocated?

Suggested issue resolution:

Add an example of a "recipient ID", e.g. is it an IP-v4 address in the
globally routable Internet? an X.509 D.N? point to a table defining the
possible namespaces.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec