Subject: [MSEC] IGAP to RFC?

From: canetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:57:01 -0500 (EST)

Folks,

The private I-D
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-igap-03.txt
describes IGAP, a group membership authentication protocol that allows
users to authenticate themselves to a group center for billing and
accounting purposes. The draft provides no means for encrypting or
authenitcating the multicasted data.

The authors of this I-D have asked the IESG to publish this document
as an informational RFC. Since this is a security-related and
multicast-repated protocol, the security ADs and the MSEC chairs were
asked by the IESG whether we see a danger in endorsing the proposed protocol,
either by providing an "insecure work around" to the MSEC protocols, or by
interacting badly with MSEC protocols - or alternatively whether we think it
is ok to publish the draft as an informational RFC. We would like to
poll the WG for opinions. Please take the time to look ad the I-D and
opinionate.

Thanks,

Ran and Thomas

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec