Subject: [MSEC] MIKEY Question

From: "Steffen Fries" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:41:54 +0100

Hi Elisabetta,

I've got some questions to MIKEY especdially regarding the 
length of used keys:

- MIKEY allows to transmit either the TGK or the TEK. If the
  TEK is transmitted directly, the length is provided. If the
  TGK is transmitted, the length of the TGK is transmitted. How
  is the length of the TEK determined on both sides, when a PRF
  is used to derive the TEK from the transmitted TGK? There are
  different length of the TEK mention in MIKEY (128, 192, 256)

- MIKEY allows either to transmit a salting key or to derive
  the salting key from the TGK. In the latter case, how is it
  signaled that the salt is derived and which length of the
  salt is to be used?

Regards
	Steffen
-----------------------------------------------------------
    Steffen Fries,     Siemens AG, CT IC 3	
    Otto-Hahn-Ring 6,  D-81730 Munich, Germany 
    Phone:  (+49) 89 / 636-53403,    
    Fax  :  (+49) 89 / 636-48000
    Email:  [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec