Subject: [MSEC] Doubts

From: "Alan Tamer Vasques" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:14:01 -0300 (BRT)

Hi,

I'm a brazilian post-graduation student and I'm developing a research
about MSEC architecture. I have some doubts about it and I would be very
thankfull if you could answer them.

First of all, I know MSEC is the name of IETF WC, but I am not sure if
MSEC will be the name of the security protocol for Multicast, like IPSec
is for Unicast. It may appear like a silly question, but will MSEC be its
name?

Then, I'd like to know if there is already any implementation of MSEC (the
architecure as a whole). I've already seen GSAKMP for Linux at Sparta, but
it's only the GKM protocol.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Alan Tamer Vasques

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Hugh Harney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:42:55 -0500

Alan,

The GSAKMP code gets you 66% of the way to a full architecture. GSAKMP 
provides key distribution and policy distribution, the only thing 
missing is the data layer protocol to use the GSAKMP key.

I don't know where you can find the reference code for the data layer.

hugh

> it's only the GKM protocol.
Hugh Harney							Sparta, Inc.
[email-masked]						7075 Samuel Morse Drive
(410) 872-1515 x203					Columbia, MD, 21046