Subject: Re: [MSEC] Key index field is redundant with SRTP

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:16:09 +0000

Mark,

This is the first of a couple of replies to MSEC-TESLA issues I've left 
hanging from mid Sep (I've probably lost the right to an opinion taking 
this long to reply - I got tied up with my day job at that time and I've 
only just got back that far in my backlog)...

At 22:52 12/09/2004, Mark Baugher wrote:
>hi Bob,
>   Do you still think we should use the RTP timestamp in place of the
>key ID?

Nope, I've relented to pressure.

I'm now convinced that there are cases where the RTP timestamp needs to be 
independent of wall-clock time. Thanks particularly to Dave McGrew's example.

I've also been convinced that the general desire not to tie together 
protocols unnecessarily tightly is worth more than the bytes saved doing so 
in this case.

Bob

____________________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe, <[email-masked]>      Networks Research Centre, BT Research
B54/130 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.   +44 1473 645196 

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec