Subject: [MSEC] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ignjatic-msec-mikey-rsa-r-00.txt]

From: "Dondeti, Lakshminath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:20:12 +0800

Hi all,

Dragan Ignjatic and I submitted an I-D proposing a new MIKEY RSA 
exchange that is very useful in certain deployment scenarios.  Please 
review and send comments to the MSEC list.  We plan to present it at the 
Minneapolis meeting, but a discussion on the list would benefit folks 
who might not be making the trip. 

Many thanks.

best regards,
Lakshminath

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D ACTION:draft-ignjatic-msec-mikey-rsa-r-00.txt
Date: 	Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:56:54 -0500
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An additional mode of key distribution in MIKEY
	Author(s)	: D. Ignjatic, L. Dondeti
	Filename	: draft-ignjatic-msec-mikey-rsa-r-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-1-28
	
The MIKEY specification [2] describes several modes of key
   distribution to setup SRTP [4] sessions, viz., pre-shared key,
   public-key, and an optional Diffie-Hellman key exchange.  In the
   public-key mode the initiator encrypts a random key with the
   responder's public key and sends it to the responder.  In many VoIP
   calling scenarios, the initiator may not know the responder's public
   key or in some cases the responder's ID (e.g., call forwarding) in
   advance.  We propose a new MIKEY mode that works well in such
   scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ignjatic-msec-mikey-rsa-r-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ignjatic-msec-mikey-rsa-r-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ignjatic-msec-mikey-rsa-r-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec