Subject: [MSEC] IETF-63 deadlines

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:33:12 -0400

Hi all,

Here are some deadlines to keep in mind in preparation for the Paris 
meeting:

* July 5, Tuesday - Working Group Chair approval for initial document 
(Version -00) submissions appreciated by 09:00 ET (13:00 GMT)

Note that this applies to all 00s including those resulting from I-D 
name changes etc. 

Unless your document falls into the above category (i.e., name change), 
please submit your draft as individual submission at least a month prior 
to the deadline to see if there is consensus in the WG to accept it as a 
working group item.

* July 11, Monday - Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document (-00) 
submission by 09:00 ET (13:00 GMT)

* July 18, Monday - Internet Draft final submission cut-off by 09:00 ET 
(13:00 GMT)

 (Hint: This is of interest if you want to go through a quick review 
cycle before the meeting, we have about 3 months to this deadline!)

cheers,
Lakshminath
_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:17:48 -0400

Hi Brian and all,

Now that 2401bis is in the RFC Ed queue, it is probably time to start 
working on Russ's request at the IETF-62 meeting on preparing a document 
on multicast SPD and SAD management similar to unicast SPD and SAD 
management in 2401bis.

Russ's verbatim instructions were:

"MSEC WG [to] develop an update to address the multicast shortcomings 
[of 2401bis]"

Brian, you will be the editor/co-editor of this document, as you have 
been involved in the original discussions on this 2 years ago, and were 
interested last we talked about this (you are still interested, right ? 
:-) ).  Thank you.

All,

Brian does need help with his other ongoing MSEC commitments, and his 
day job.  This is a very interesting topic, so please sign-up to be 
co-editor/author of this work.

thanks and regards,
Lakshminath

---

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:42:09 -0700

Lakshminath,

Yes, I am interested in seeing this document be created. As you mention 
below, I don't expect to do it alone :-).

By the way, pretty much all of the issues we addressed in the original 
discussions (2 years ago) were addressed in 2401bis. This work is to 
address a new set of issues, some of which are to make sure that there 
is an IPsec architecture that matches RFC 3740, which is the MSEC 
Multicast Group Security Architecture.

Brian

-- 
Brian Weis
Advanced Security Development, Security Technology Group, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:47:09 -0400

Brian,

Thanks.  Perhaps starting a discussion on the contents of the new work 
(please cc Russ) might be a good way to sign-up contributors to this :-).

regards,
Lakshminath

Brian Weis wrote:

> Lakshminath,
>
> Yes, I am interested in seeing this document be created. As you 
> mention below, I don't expect to do it alone :-).
>
>> working on Russ's request at the IETF-62 meeting on preparing a 
>> document on multicast SPD and SAD management similar to unicast SPD 
>> and SAD management in 2401bis.
>>
>> been involved in the original discussions on this 2 years ago, and 
>> were interested last we talked about this (you are still interested, 
>> right ? :-) ).  Thank you.
>>
>> All,
>>