Subject: [MSEC] Revised milestones section of MSEC work items: Need input from I-D authors ASAP

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:15:23 -0400

Hi all,

As you may have noticed, MSEC working group Goals and Milestones section 
needs to revised.  We have decided to recharter at the last San Diego 
meeting (so the last item in the list has been decided), and finished a 
number of the items in that list.  Ran and I will communicate to the 
IESG secretary shortly to get them updated.

In addition to that, we have taken up a number of new work items, on 
MIKEY, TESLA, and other topics.  I hereby request the authors of the 
current I-Ds to send Ran and I (please feel free to cc the mailing list) 
the following information:

0) I-D file name, title, and authors
1) the date you plan to submit the next version of your I-D*
2) proposed WG last call date (whereas a week or two delay is 
acceptable, but we would generally like to finish before the proposed date)

I hope we can do this in the *next few* days (or I will have to send 
individual messages :-)).  Thanks in advance.

best regards,
Lakshminath

* For new/revised  I-D submissions, please note that RFC 3667 has been 
obsoleted by 3978.  See below for the message from the IESG secretary.

* Also please try and use XML or NROFF to write your I-Ds.  My guess is 
that the RFC editor retypes the I-Ds (in part or in full) when we use 
other formats, which delays the eventual publication, introduces errors, 
and consumes more time.

++++++++++  From: IETF Secretariat +++++++++++++++

As you may be aware, RFC 3667 (BCP 78), "IETF Rights in Contributions," 
has been obsoleted by RFC 3978 (BCP 78), which was published in March 
2005, and which bears the same title.  The major difference between the 
two RFCs is that the IPR-related notices and disclaimers that the IETF 
requires in all Internet-Drafts have been updated to correct anomalies.

The updated versions of the required notices and disclaimers are specified 
in Section 5, "Notices Required in IETF Documents," of RFC 3978, and in 
Section 3, "IPR-Related Notices Required in Internet-Drafts," of the 
recently revised "Guidelines to Authors of Internet-Drafts" 
(http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.html).  The "Guidelines" document 
also provides additional guidance regarding the placement of these notices.

Currently, the IETF Secretariat accepts and posts Internet-Drafts that 
include *either* the RFC 3667 or the RFC 3978 version of these notices.  
However, as of 17:00 ET on Friday May 6, 2005, the Secretariat will 
accept *only* those Internet-Drafts that comply with the requirements 
of RFC 3978, and with the most recent version of the "Guidelines" 
document.

Please note that the required notices and disclaimers must be reproduced 
verbatim since they have been legally reviewed and formally adopted as part 
of the IETF process.  The Secretariat will not accept deviations from the 
specified text, nor will it correct the text.  Any documents that do not 
comply with the requirements will be returned to the submitter.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec