Subject: [MSEC] GSAKMP daemon

From: Ling Cheung <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:29:56 -0500

Hi all,

We found the GSAKMP reference code on sourceforge and downloaded it. 
However, it doesn't compile.  Configure fails when it tests gcc.
We bypassed the two checks for gcc that were causing the problem.

   echo $ac_n "checking that we have auto_ptr""... $ac_c" 1>&6
   ...
   echo $ac_n "checking that we have vector""... $ac_c" 1>&6
   ...

That allowed the configuration to finish, but, unsurprisingly, "make 
library" failed.  Here is part of the error code.  (We are running gcc
3.3.4 on Slackware 10.0.) 

====================================================================
In file included from ../SecurityServices/SecurityServicesModule.h:32,
                 from ../CRModule/CRProcessor.h:27,     
                 from ../CRModule/CRBuilder.cpp:20:
../SecurityServices/CertificateDataBase.h:21:20: hash_map: No such file or dir      
ectory
In file included from ../SecurityServices/SecurityServicesModule.h:32,
                 from ../CRModule/CRProcessor.h:27,
                 from ../CRModule/CRBuilder.cpp:20:
../SecurityServices/CertificateDataBase.h: In member function `size_t 
   dnhash::operator()(const DistinguishedName&) const':
../SecurityServices/CertificateDataBase.h:47: error: `hash' undeclared in 
   namespace `std'
../SecurityServices/CertificateDataBase.h:47: error: parse error before `;' 
   token
../SecurityServices/CertificateDataBase.h:48: error: `h' undeclared (first use      
 
   this function)
====================================================================

Does anyone know how to get around this?  Or is there a more recent
version of the implementation?  

Thanks!

-- 
Ling Cheung

MIT CSAIL
32 Vassar St. (32-G628)
Cambridge, MA 02139
U.S.A.
_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:25:49 -0500

Hi Ling, 

Unfortunately, that GSAKMP source code is based on a fairly old Linux 
platform. For my GSAKMP implementation, I used that source code only as a 
design guidepost, so I can not advise you on how to build it. The best I 
could recommend is that you retrieve archival versions of the Linux that it 
is known to work with, then load up a PC running that build platform. After 
you get a proof of concept working, you could then port it to Slackware. 

Alternatively, you could try to directly contact the authors of that GSAKMP 
implementation. AFAIK, Hugh Harney and Uri Meth no longer monitor the MSEC 
list. Their contact info is in RFC4535. 

hth,
    George 

=====================================
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:29:56 -0500
From: Ling Cheung <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MSEC] GSAKMP daemon 

Hi all, 

../SecurityServices/CertificateDataBase.h:21:20: hash_map: No such file or 
dir
../SecurityServices/CertificateDataBase.h:48: error: `h' undeclared (first 
use 

  this function)

Thanks! 

-- 
Ling Cheung 

MIT CSAIL
32 Vassar St. (32-G628)
Cambridge, MA 02139
U.S.A.

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec