Subject: [MSEC] MSEC status update

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:47:39 -0800

Folks,

After a long hiatus, I am back on this with high priority.  First of 
all, my sincere apologies for dropping this for so long.  I was in India 
for about 4 weeks, after that catching up on things at work and 
generally postponing MSEC work until today.  A few of you prompted me, 
and I have tried to get some work done before today, but it just did not 
work out.  Anyway, that is behind us and let us get going with some 
energy so we can finish the work and close MSEC soon.

We have a lot to do and I would like MSEC to stop meeting after Chicago, 
if all goes well.  I have scheduled time for us in Prague, so please 
plan for it accordingly.

That out of the way, we have the following drafts at the WG completion 
or near completion stage:

I.
MIKEY-applicability: Has finished last call and I will be forwarding it 
to Russ shortly.

II.
ECC: Are we ready to do a WG last call on this?
MSEC-IPsec : Same question: Are we ready to do WGLC?
GDOI-Update: Ditto

Did I miss any from that category?

III.
We desperately need to finish the following drafts ASAP:
GKDP:

IV.
TESLA-ALC-NORM:  What is the status on this?
draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-composite-group:  Ditto!

V.
New work (to be adopted after asking for group's opinion):
GDOI-SRTP: My opinion is that it is a good idea to have 
draft-baugher-msec-gdoi-srtp taken up as a WG item.  I will ask group 
opinion on this today.
TESLA-IPsec: Ditto (Note: I wrote it, but I am merely an editor trying 
to finish the work; the original authors, except for Ran are not active 
in the group any longer.  This is a gap filling exercise anyway, so I 
feel comfortable that there are no conflicts of interest here.  I will 
ask the group of course).
draft-weis-esp-group-counter-cipher-00: Ditto.

Again, let me know if I missed anything?

Thanks for your patience folks.  Let's get some work done.

best regards,
Lakshminath

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec