Subject: [MSEC] Any objections to adopting CTR mode draft as a WG item?

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:58:41 -0800

Folks,

draft-weis-esp-group-counter-cipher-00  was presented at San Diego and 
was discussed at length.  One could argue that this is out of scope for 
our charter, although the charter does not explicitly disallow 
multi-sender operation (here is the relevant line from the charter: 
"Initial efforts will focus on scalable solutions for groups with a 
single source and a very large number of recipients. "  Ok, we have been 
at this for some 7 years and can no longer claim to be in initial 
stages, but you know what I mean.).

At the meeting 6 people thought this should be a work item and no one 
objected.  Any thoughts?

Russ, could you tell us if we can do this without rechartering?

thanks,
Lakshminath

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec