Subject: Re: [MSEC] GSAKMP daemon

From: Ling Cheung <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:00:40 -0500

Hi Reto,

Thanks a lot for your advice.  With the patch you suggested and a few
other tweaks, we managed to get the daemon running.  Not the gui,
though.  Seems like some files are missing from the SourceForge CVS
repository. 

We are considering gsakmp for wireless networks where intermittent  
connectivity may be an issue.  Do you think it is a reasonable choice?  
We plan to run some network simulations.  Do you recall what types of
stability issues you ran into with the sparta implementation?

Thanks again for your help and best wishes.

P.S. I sent this message earlier to <[email-masked]>
but it bounced.

-- 
Ling Cheung

MIT CSAIL
32 Vassar St. (32-G628)
Cambridge, MA 02139
U.S.A.

_______________________________________________
msec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Reto Buerki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:45:07 +0100

Hi Ling

Glad to hear that my little patch helped!

I have no experience with the GUI sorry.
The only thing I tried was to communicate with the daemon on the command
line. I used the following commands:

# create token:
tokengen L 1 /usr/local/gsakmp \
 /usr/local/gsakmp/certs/localcert.der \
 /usr/local/gsakmp/private/localkey.der

# activate group:
apifeeder CrtGrp /usr/local/gsakmp/gsakmp.token

# RTJ (request to join):
apifeeder ReqTJL 239.1.1.1 12345 1 localhost

# Key request:
apifeeder ReqKey 239.1.1.1 12345

the daemon segfaulted at one command, I can't recall exactly which one
it was and had no time to find out why. maybe you have more luck.

> P.S. I sent this message earlier to <[email-masked]>
Thanks for this information! It's fixed now.

- reto