Subject: [MSEC] How about defining a set of GKM APIs?

From: Liu Ya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:42:19 +0800

Hi all,

Similar group keying features (e.g., group member register/key
distribution/rekeying) are provided by serveral GKM protocols,
including GDOI, MIKEY, GKDP, GSAKMP. They may be embodied either in a
daemon (e.g., gdoid) or in a library (e.g., libmikey). The later usage
case is suitable for programms that use the keying services and
control the keying process itself. However, standard GKM APIs are
unavailable now. Programmers will have to define the APIs themselves
if they use group keying services. Issues of portability and code
reusability emerge. Furthermore, code modifications are unavoidable
when switching between different keying libraries. How about defining
a set of GKM APIs to avoid such issues? Comments are welcome.

Regards,
Liu Ya

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec