Subject: [MSEC] multicast or unicast?

From: Elena Scialpi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:25:05 +0100

Hi,
if I use  LKH each member has one KEK(different to the other member) to
decrypt the TEK.
To PUSH the TEK I must use  unicast messages!   Can't  I  use a
multicast message?

Thank you in advance!
Elena Scialpi

-- 

LIIS
Laboratorio per l'Internetworking e l'Interoperabilita' tra i Sistemi
http://liis.unile.it
http://www.campusdelsalento.it/
Office-Fax: (+39) 0832-297310
c/o Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Innovazione
Via per Monteroni
73100 Lecce LE, Italy

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 06:39:46 -0800

hi Elena,
   Are you using a referring to a particular LKH implementation or of  
RFC 2627 in general?  In general, the KEK is a pairwise key that is  
established between the controller/server and the member.  So one  
would use a pairwise, authenticated key establishment procedure in  
order to establish this key between the two.  LKH can work without a  
backchannel, however, provided there is some means for the controller/ 
server to communicate securely with the member.  For example, if the  
server had the member's public key, it could encrypt a symmetric key  
(the KEK) in this public key and multicast it to the group.  All  
group members would receiver this message but only one member would  
be able to use it, and there must be some means to uniquely identify  
this member.

Mark

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 06:39:46 -0800

hi Elena,

Mark