Subject: [MSEC] Group keying of the RSVP Integrity option

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:58:24 -0700

Greetings,

There has recently been some interest in the TSVWG for using  
dynamically distributing keys for use with the RSVP Integrity option.  
The following announcements are pointers to two documents addressing  
this interest. The first is a framework document describing the  
applicability of group keying for RSVP. It's target working group is  
TSVWG. The second describes GDOI extensions allowing GDOI to  
distribute the RSVP Integrity policy & keys. Assuming the framework  
document progresses in TSVWG, the target working group for the GDOI  
document is MSEC.

Comments on either draft are welcome. However, note that the authors  
of the framework document do not participate in MSEC and probably  
need to be contacted directly.

Both documents will be presented in the TSVWG session of the Chicago  
IETF meeting.

Thanks,
Brian

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
--------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: A Framework for RSVP Security Using Dynamic Group Keying
	Author(s)	: M. Behringer, F. Le Faucheur
	Filename	: draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2007-7-3

    The Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP) allows hop-by-hop
    authentication of RSVP neighbors.  This requires messages to be
    cryptographically signed using a shared secret between participating
    nodes.  This document compares group keying for RSVP with per
    neighbor or per interface keying, and discusses the applicability  
and
    limitations of these approaches.  Draft-weis-gdoi-for-rsvp describes
    how the Group Domain of Interpretation (GDOI) can be used to
    distribute group keys to RSVP nodes.  The document also discusses
    applicability of group keying to RSVP encryption.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp- 
security-groupkeying-00.txt

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
--------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Group Domain of Interpretation (GDOI) support for RSVP
	Author(s)	: B. Weis
	Filename	: draft-weis-gdoi-for-rsvp-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-7-3

    This memo describes the policy required for the Group Domain of
    Interpretation (GDOI) [RFC3547] group key management system to
    distribute security policy for RSVP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weis-gdoi-for-rsvp-00.txt

(Re-sent with a proper subject line.)

-- 
Brian Weis
Advanced Security Development, Security Technology Group, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec