Subject: [MSEC] Re: Progressing "GDOI extensions for RSVP" under MSEC WG

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:52:17 +0200

Hello Ran, Lakshminath,

We initiated some work to address shortcomings of current RSVP  
security. The proposed solution builds on the use of group keying for  
exchange of crypto keys among RSVP routers. This is discussed in  
draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-00.txt :  "A  
Framework for RSVP Security Using Dynamic Group Keying". This  
document was presented in Chicago under the TSVWG. We intend to  
progress this further and will submit an updated version for  
Vancouver TSVWG.

The proposal assumes use of GDOI as the group group keying protocol,  
and therefore depends on extensions to GDOI for distribution of RSVP  
crypto keys (something along the lines of draft-weis-gdoi-for- 
rsvp-00.txt).

We would like to request that the MSEC WG takes on the task of  
specifying such GDOI extensions for RSVP. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Francois & Michael

_______________________________________________
MSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:52:17 +0200

Hello Ran, Lakshminath,

Francois & Michael

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:58:28 +0200

A bit of clarification from the TSVWG WG chairs,

TSVWG has not yet made any decision to adopt this document as a WG item.
 Thus the "we" in the below text is the authors. Although the TSVWG
chairs are interested in hearing the answer, do not consider this an
formal request.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
TSVWG chair

Francois Le Faucheur skrev:
> Hello Ran, Lakshminath,
> 
> We initiated some work to address shortcomings of current RSVP security.
> The proposed solution builds on the use of group keying for exchange of
> crypto keys among RSVP routers. This is discussed in
> draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-00.txt :  "A Framework
> for RSVP Security Using Dynamic Group Keying". This document was
> presented in Chicago under the TSVWG. We intend to progress this further
> and will submit an updated version for Vancouver TSVWG.
> 
> The proposal assumes use of GDOI as the group group keying protocol, and
> therefore depends on extensions to GDOI for distribution of RSVP crypto
> keys (something along the lines of draft-weis-gdoi-for-rsvp-00.txt).
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:58:28 +0200

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
TSVWG chair

-- 

Magnus Westerlund