Subject: [MSEC] Last Call: <draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-update-09.txt> (The Group Domain of Interpretation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 12:16:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multicast Security WG (msec) to
consider the following document:
- 'The Group Domain of Interpretation'
  <draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-update-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an updated version of the Group Domain of
   Interpretation (GDOI) protocol specified in RFC 3547.  The GDOI
   provides group key management to support secure group communications
   according to the architecture specified in RFC 4046.  The GDOI
   manages group security associations, which are used by IPsec and
   potentially other data security protocols.

DOWNREFs

   This specification contains three normative references to
   obsoleted RFCs: RFC 2407, RFC 2408, and RFC 2409.

   This specification contains three normative references to
   informational RFCs: RFC 2627, RFC 3447, and RFC 5093.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-update/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:30:06 -0400

I also added this draft to the 8/11 IESG telechat.

spt

On 7/5/11 3:16 PM, The IESG wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> MSEC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/msec
>