Subject: [MSEC] Protocol Action: 'The Group Domain of Interpretation' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-update-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:22:04 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Group Domain of Interpretation'
  (draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-update-11.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multicast Security Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-msec-gdoi-update/

Technical Summary

   This document describes an updated version of the Group Domain of
   Interpretation (GDOI) protocol specified in RFC 3547.  The GDOI
   provides group key management to support secure group communications
   according to the architecture specified in RFC 4046.  The GDOI
   manages group security associations, which are used by IPsec and
   potentially other data security protocols.

Working Group Summary

   This document, in its initial form (2006-2007) raised little discussion
   in the group. Then it entered dormant mode till its revival in 2010.
   Since then several reviews took place and issues found have been
   gracefully corrected.

Document Quality

   Cisco has a GDOI implementation. The experience gained while
   implementing GDOI justified recent changes to the document. 

Personnel

   Vincent Roca ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD