Subject: [netmod] The architecture and DSDL deliverables

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:58:01 +0200

Greetings,

The following is the plan for the two deliverables for which we do not have 
IDs at the moment.

With respect to:

  1. An architecture document explaining the relationship
  between YANG and its inputs and outputs. (informational)

Phil Shafer and Ladislav Lhotka have kindly volunteered to publish an 
individual draft ASAP to cover (essentially) what was covered by Phil's 
presentation this morning.  Others who wish to contribute should contact the 
authors.

Once published, the WG will then be asked to consider if we wish to accept the 
document as a starting point for this WG deliverable.

Other individual contributions will, of course, be considered as well, but it 
would seem most constructive at this point to help Phil and Ladislav rather 
than creating an alternative.

With respect to:

  5. Mapping rules of YANG to DSDL data modeling framework (ISO/IEC
  19757), including annotations for DSDL to preserve top-level
  semantics during translation (proposed standard).

Sharon Chisholm and Ladislav Lhotka have kindly volunteered to publish an 
individual draft during September to cover this deliverable.  That means they 
are merging their two documents to create a new document focusing entirely on 
mapping YANG to DSDL.  Others who wish to contribute should contact the 
authors.

Once published, the WG will then be asked to consider if we wish to accept the 
document as a starting point for this WG deliverable.

Other individual contributions will, of course, be considered as well, but it 
would seem most constructive at this point to help Sharon and Ladislav rather 
than creating an alternative.

Cheers,

David
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod