Subject: [netmod] DSDL: keyref - annotation/attribute versus Schematron

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 03:33:47 -0400

Hi

We currently have two different approaches for keyref on the table
(presumably where the value of the keyref is the same and aligns to the
yang value)
  - Using a keyref application annotation plus Schematron
  - Using just Schematron

I think there are two factors in this decision:

1) We need to be able to support sending the instance that a keyref
points to on the wire, like the example in section 8.8.4 of the yang
document.

2) There are sort of two layering approaches, which lead to slightly
different conclusions
  2.1) Avoid NETMOD-specifics at all costs
  2.2) Define core constraints in a way that they can be validated by
off-the-shelf tools, but do not force other implementations to use
Schematron to do their validation. By this I mean by having a separate
annotation plus the Schematron it supports both use cases.

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod