Subject: [netmod] 7.9.3 and 7.9.4

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:13:54 -0700

Hi,

It seems like a choice-stmt should have the same rules for
default and mandatory as a leaf.  Zero or one can be present,
but not both.

Isn't it illegal to have a mandatory-stmt and a default-stmt
within the same choice?  7.9.4 should mention that.

7.9.3, para 3 says:

   There MUST NOT be any mandatory child nodes under the default case.

The exact definition of a 'mandatory child' should be
clarified somewhere.  Sometimes we mean a direct child node,
and sometimes we mean a leaf which has mandatory-stmt set to true,
nested within 1 or more NP containers.

Andy

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:09:48 +0100 (IST)

> within the same choice?  7.9.4 should mention that.

Yes, fixed.

> clarified somewhere. 

I agree.

/martin