Subject: [netmod] session agenda

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:28:41 +0200

Hi,

I apparently made a mistake by booking my (and unfortunately also my
wife's) return flight from Dublin on Friday morning. Now I learnt that
there are two scheduled NETMOD sessions, one on Thursday and another on
Friday. Is the agenda for both sessions already fixed?

Thanks, Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:03:40 -0400

Hi,

We are in the procoess of finalizing the agenda.
The chairs discussed what we need to accomplish, and then asked for
two sessions. 

1) The first is for overview discussions that are important for
introducing the new WG, its charter, and its deliverables to "casual
observers" and people drawn to the new WG. I expect this will largely
be a powerpoint session. Most casual observers are there to report to
their company whether any progress is being made, what the general
architecture of the technology is, what documents will be worked on,
and whether their company should get involved in or follow this new
WG. We will focus this meeting on providing the level of information
needed for that audience, and deciding whether we have suitable
starting documents for each deliverable.

2) The second session is deliberately Friday morning, after the casual
observer types have left for the week or gone sightseeing. It will be
focused solely on detailed technical issues that have been raised on
the mailing list, such as compliance and augments and keyrefs, oh my!.
Casual observers who have not read the documents thoroughly will be no
help, will not be able to contribute in a meaningful way to the
detailed technical discussions, and could be a serious distraction.
Casual observers are welcome to attend the session, but I expect they
will be bored to tears by this level of discussion.

Since this is our first official WG meeting, the chairs felt it
appropriate to address the needs of both audiences, but to do so
separately. To that end, we asked for seating for 80 for the Thursday
session, and seating for 30 with tables for the Friday session.

I would not like to mix the two sessions, since the
audiences/participants have different levels of understanding of the
proposals and different goals. 

I do consider it unfortunate you did not plan to attend IETF sessions
the whole week. I recommend you plan on Friday morning sessions being
working sessions for netmod in the future.

David Harrington
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ladislav Lhotka
> Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 10:29 AM
> To: NETMOD Working Group
> Subject: [netmod] session agenda
> 
> Hi,
>

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:20:27 +0200

> working sessions for netmod in the future.
OK, I am going to stay till Saturday and attend the Friday session.

Thanks, Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C