Subject: [netmod] DSDL: Embedded or Standalone Schematron

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 01:37:27 -0400

Hi

I'm going to be posting a series of issues that have come up in offline
DSDL discussions to the list. This is intended to start the discussion
to bring about the resolution. 

Schematron supports both standalone and embedded definitions. By
embedded I mean the definitions can be inline in the Relax NG
specification. There are a couple of choices of how our DSDL can end up
looking.

I personally like the approach where common rules, like key and keyref
handling are done in separate schema so they can be defined once and
uses many times. I think schema specific rules should be embedded in the
Relax NG since I think this is the most readable and makes it a bit
simpler for someone using and validating the schema in some existing
tools.

I know Lada has some views on this based on his translation work, but
I'll let him post them himself so I don't mangle them.

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod