Subject: [netmod] Why constrain keyref?

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:48:34 -0400

Hi

The yang specification (section 8.8) says

"If the leaf with the keyref type represents configuration, the list
   entry it refers to MUST also represent configuration.  Such a leaf
   puts a constraint on a valid configuration.  In a valid
   configuration, all keyref nodes MUST reference existing list
entries."

Why can't I have a relationship with something that isn't configuration?
For example, it might make sense to model physical hardware as
non-configuration if it can't be modified. Does this mean I can't
associate a logical interface with a physical port?

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod