Subject: [netmod] FW: I-D Action:draft-mahy-canmod-dsdl-02.txt

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:57:31 -0400

Hi

Here is the update to the DSDL for NETCONF Definition, including the
rough mapping to Yang. Lada has done some great work on mapping the
concept of containers, which we will merge into the next version.

Changes this version
  - some tweaks to make it easier to map to Yang (infoType, etc)
  - A section describing what gets mapped from Yang, including a few
things we don't think get mapped.

The document maintains its complete definition of DSDL for NETCONF that
was in earlier versions, since it seems this is the only way to ensure
interoperable implementations and high-quality mappings from Yang.

During the analysis, we identified a number of areas where we think Yang
should consider changes. These are captured in the document, but I will
start individual email threads on the mailing list on each one to better
enable discussion.

Just a note that as yang is still a moving target, we don't go into
excruciating detail on the mapping quite yet as the fear is that this
will have to constantly be updated as yang evolves.

Sharon 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 1:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-mahy-canmod-dsdl-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Representing Netconf Data Models using
Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL)
	Author(s)       : R. Mahy, et al.
	Filename        : draft-mahy-canmod-dsdl-02.txt
	Pages           : 72
	Date            : 2008-07-08

This document describes a concrete approach for representing Netconf and
other IETF data models using the RelaxNG schema language and the
Schematron validation language, which are both part of ISO's Document
Schema Definition Languages (DSDL) standard.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-canmod-dsdl-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod