Subject: [netmod] DSDL: Mapping Protocol Operations

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 01:58:47 -0400

Hi

There are a couple options for mapping protocol operations defined in
yang into DSDL.  

Options:

1) generate separate schemas for validating data store content and
individual RPC/notification messages.
2) one schema with multiple parts as above under a dummy root element in
a special "NETMOD-tree" namespace (e.g., <nmt:netmoddata>).

Lada's slides for today's session give an example conceptual tree.

I suspect we should decouple the question of how to get a DSDL
definition of the protocol operations with parity with what we have in
XSD today from the question of validating content. Wouldn't the latter
be more a question for when we are translating the content not the
protocol operations? Note for that part, there is an interesting
solution proposed in the XSD draft.  I'll start a separate thread on
that one.

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod