Subject: [netmod] rpc output

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:15:12 +0200

Hi,

the example in section 4.2.9 RPC Definitions uses the <data> element
from the netconf namespace that  encapsulates the result, but it is not
defined by the rpc statement. Is it a convention accepted for YANG? RFC
4741 doesn't say that <data> must be always directly under <rpc-reply>.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:31:58 +0200 (CEST)

> 4741 doesn't say that <data> must be always directly under <rpc-reply>.

In the upcoming -01 draft, I have added subsections "XML encoding
Rules" for rpc and notification (they were missing).  The example you
mention will be aligned to these rules as well.

I also brought up this issue on the netconf list.  The problem is that
the text and XSD in rfc 4741 differ.  In this case, I think the XSD is
buggy, but the text could also be clarified.

In the exmple, <data> will go, and the encoding will be:

  <rpc-reply message-id="101"
             xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
    <status xmlns="http://acme.example.com/system">
      The image acmefw-2.3 is being installed.
    </status>
  </rpc-reply>

/martin