Subject: [netmod] YANG 02 changes

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:55:14 +0200 (CEST)

Andy Bierman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Perhaps Martin can summarize the list of edits for -01
> that have "no objections", and we see how many
> open issues there really are.

Currently the ChangeLog looks like this.  I don't know if you wanted
more details or if this is ok.

- Removed "Appendix A.  Derived YANG Types".

- Removed "Appendix C.  XML Schema Considerations".

- Removed "Appendix F.  Why We Need a New Modeling Language".

- Moved "Appendix B.  YIN" to its own section.

- Moved "Appendix D.  YANG ABNF Grammar" to its own section.

- Moved "Appendix E.  Error Responses for YANG Related Errors" into
  its own section.

- The "input" and "output" nodes are now implicitly created by the
  "rpc" statement, in order for augmentation of these nodes to work
  correctly.

- Allow "config" in "choice".

- Added reference to XPath 1.0.

- Using an XPath function "current()" instead of the variable "$this".

- Clarified that a "must" expression in a configuration node must not
  reference non-configuration nodes.

- Added XML encoding rules and usage examples for rpc and
  notification.

- Removed requirement that refinements are specified in the same order
  as in the original grouping's definition.

- Fixed whitespace issues in the ABNF grammar.

- Several clarifications and fixed typos.

The remaining open issues should be on the wiki, but I haven't had
time to add them yet.

/martin
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod