Subject: [netmod] XML encoding rules for built-in types

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:31:59 +0200

Hi,

Andy started a thread at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg00690.html 
entitled "leaf encoding rules".  This thread addresses more than one issue, 
but one is about the XML encoding rules for built-in types.  That topic 
appears in two message:

Andy writes:

"From 7.6.5:

    The value of the leaf node is encoded to XML according to the type,
    and sent as character data in the element.

The sections on built-in types do not define any XML encoding
rules (yet).  When will those be done?"

Martin responds:

"Section 8 says:

   The lexicographic representation of a value of a certain type is used
   in the XML encoding over NETCONF, and when specifying default values
   in a YANG module.

And then each built-in type has a section called "Lexicographic 
Representation", e.g. 8.1.1."

As far as I can see, this isn't discussed anymore after Martin's message.

Andy, are you satisfied with this answer or do you think we need to add more 
to address this issue?

Cheers,

David
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:06:13 -0700

> Andy, are you satisfied with this answer or do you think we need to add more 

no -- I probably looked at one of the only sections that
this was missing when I made that comment.  I think -01
will complete the XML encoding details.

> David

Andy