Subject: [netmod] Proposed consensus mail on yang-00755: adding a 'prefix' substatement to 'belongs-to'

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:13:54 +0100

Greetings,

This is a call for consensus about issue 'yang-00755: adding a
'prefix' substatement to 'belongs-to'.  See the wiki at
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/netmod/trac/wiki/Issues_yang#issue-00755

PLEASE speak up if you favor or object to the proposed change,
including people who attended the interim.  Silence is impossible
to interpret.

Proposal to add a 'prefix' substatement to 'belongs-to' in order
to allow a submodule to be validated in isolation from its main
module.

David Harrington asked what the downsides are, and none were
identified.

David Reid asked a clarifying question about whether the purpose
is for the submodule to be self-contained?  (Yes, that's the
purpose.)

Everyone in the room at the interim agreed that this should be
added.
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:18:15 +0100

> http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/netmod/trac/wiki/Issues_yang#issue-00755

I support this.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:17:44 +0100

I support this. Balazs

-- 
Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
TSP System Manager
ECN: 831 7320                        Fax: +36 1 4377792
Tel: +36-1-437-7320     email: [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: David Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:49:28 -0400

> http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/netmod/trac/wiki/Issues_yang#issue-00755

I am in favor of adding a prefix substatement to belongs-to.

-David Reid