Subject: [netmod] Information about the upcoming interim (including agenda)

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 13:24:29 +0200

Greetings,

Some information about the upcoming interim next week.  Note that all 
information is kept up-to-date at 
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/netmod/trac/wiki/interim_oct08

The goal of this meeting is to close officially as many open issues as 
possible.  Clearly, the consensus of the room will be verified on this 
mailing list.   The chairs want to be sure we finish each topic by clearly 
establishing the proposed consensus to take to the list. We will not move off 
a topic until we have determined that there is 1) a specific consensus
proposal, or 2) the WG has not and most likely will not reach consensus on the 
item during the meeting and it requires more ML discussion.

We will have internet connectivity in the room and, as such, will be using the 
jabber room.  We will need a set of volunteers to scribe as much as possible 
since voice out isn't going to happen.  The jabber room will give us some 
record of our conversations.  In addition, we will absolutely need minute 
takers, so please volunteer in advance of the meeting.

Reading you should do before arriving:

1. The two WG drafts:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netmod/draft-ietf-netmod-yang/
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netmod/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-types/

2. The NETMOD mailing list:  
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/maillist.html

3. Phil Shafer's architecture draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shafer-netmod-arch-00

The agenda of the meeting will be approximately the following:

1. Introduction, WG Status and agenda bashing

2. Work through known issues in the YANG and YANG types documents, with an 
emphasis on the former.  The issues will be taken from the mailing list and 
from the wiki.  See 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/netmod/trac/wiki/Issues_yang and 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/netmod/trac/wiki/Issues_types
We will work on the types draft first in the assumption that there are fewer 
and simpler issues to deal with.

Those issues lists will be (more) up-to-date by the end of this week.  
However, the assumption is that people are caught up on the mailing list, 
which is where the issues have been discussed.  The authors and the chairs 
will work together to prioritize the lists so that focus is on the right 
issues.  That prioritized list will be on the wiki by close of work on 
Friday.

3. Discuss the architecture draft for possible acceptance as a starting point 
for the WG architecture draft.

Note that there will be no discussion on the DSDL mapping work, since we do 
not currently have a draft published.  Assuming that draft is available for 
Minneapolis, we will spend time on it then.

See you in a week!

David^2

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:50:41 +0200

Dear David ^2,

> since voice out isn't going to happen.  

What about SHOUTcast or another conf switch?
Is there any technical issue?

Cheers, 
Mehmet

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext David Partain
> Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 1:24 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [netmod] Information about the upcoming interim 
> (including agenda)
> 
> Greetings,
>