Subject: [netmod] question to XML lawyers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:56:54 +0200

Hi,

below is my proposal for the question about use of prefixes in XPath
expression.

Lada

  YANG specification defines the "namespace" and "prefix" statements
  that are mandatory for every YANG module. The purpose of these
  statements is to define a namespace to which all names defined in
  the module belong, and a recommended prefix that should be used
  whenever possible in XML documents and other contexts that use these
  qualified names. In addition, YANG utilizes XPath 1.0 expressions in
  several places. In order to make the XPath expressions more readable
  for humans, the YANG specification defines the context for
  evaluating these expressions, which includes the notion of a default
  namespace that is set to the namespace of the local module where the
  Xpath expression appear. Consequently, the local QNames are allowed
  to be used without any namespace prefix in the XPath expression.

  QUESTION: Is this approach allowed by the XPath 1.0 specification or
  must the QNames always be used with an explicit namespace prefix?

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod