Subject: [netmod] Proposed resolution on architecture document deliverable

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:21:30 +0100

Hi all,

At the interim meeting, there was discussion about the following
WG item:

1. An architecture document explaining the relationship
between YANG and its inputs and outputs. (informational)

Phil Shafer has published an individual draft as a possible
starting point for that deliverable:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-shafer-netmod-arch-00.txt

Some of the comments from the interim meeting:

Andy Bierman said that we need to make sure that we're doing what
the IESG is expecting.  He also commented that this document,
given the scope from the charter, is not particularly useful.

Mehmet Ersue thinks the document should talk about the relationship to
NETCONF (as Phil's document does).

David Partain agreed with Mehmet and commented that discussing
NETMOD without discussing NETCONF seems like discussing the SMI
without discussing SNMP.

Andy pointed what NETMOD relies on from NETCONF (RPC methods,
config database, notifications, and capabilities/hello) and
stated that we have to be conscious of what NETCONF allows and
disallows.

When the room was asked "Is Phil's document a good starting
point, given that we will provide him with constructive comments,
including help with the text on DSDL mapping scope?  Everyone in
the room said yes.

Cheers,

David(s)
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod