Subject: [netmod] FW: Protocol Action: 'YANG - A data modeling language for the NetworkConfiguration Protocol (NETCONF)' to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:46:08 +0200

Congratulations!

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:42 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; netmod chair; netmod mailing list; RFC
Editor
Subject: Protocol Action: 'YANG - A data modeling language for the
NetworkConfiguration Protocol (NETCONF)' to Proposed Standard

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'YANG - A data modeling language for the Network Configuration
Protocol 
   (NETCONF) '
   <draft-ietf-netmod-yang-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-13.txt

Technical Summary

YANG is a data modeling language used to model configuration and state
data manipulated by the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)
protocol, NETCONF remote procedure calls, and NETCONF notifications.
YANG is used to model the operations and content layers of NETCONF. This
document describes the syntax and semantics of the YANG language, how
the data model defined in a YANG module is represented in XML, and how
NETCONF operations are used to manipulate the data.

Working Group Summary

Consensus was reached among all interested parties before requesting the
publication of this document.

Document Quality

There are multiple independent implementations of YANG today, both
commercial and freely-available code and verification tools.

Personnel

   David Partain is the document shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the
responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

OLD:

7.19.3.  The description Statement

   The "description" statement takes as an argument a string which
   contains a high-level textual description of this definition.

NEW:

7.19.3. The description Statement

   The "description" statement takes as an argument a string which
   contains a human-readable textual description of this definition.
   The text is provided in a language (or languages) chosen by the
   module developer; for the sake of interoperability it is RECOMMENDED
   to choose a language that is widely understood among the community of
   network administrators who will use the module.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: David Kessens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 11:26:53 -0700

All,

I would like to thank all authors, contributors & reviewers for their work.

This is document was by nature a long document and involved a significant
amount of time investment of everybody involved.

A big hurray for reaching this milestone!

David Kessens
---

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 06:46:08PM +0200, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

David Kessens
---

---

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 21:05:29 +0200

> A big hurray for reaching this milestone!

I second that!  Still more work to do, but this was a Big Step!

Cheers,

David.2

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:21:15 +0200 (CEST)

> I second that!  Still more work to do, but this was a Big Step!

Yes, and now it is time to write those data models ;-)

/martin

---

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 15:24:14 -0400

>> > A big hurray for reaching this milestone!

Amen.  Thanks and congratulations to all of us!!  Vvroomba!!

>Yes, and now it is time to write those data models ;-)

I'll second that!

Thanks,
 Phil

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:39:25 +0200

> From: [email-masked] 

> Yes, and now it is time to write those data models ;-)

Yes!

Your AD is waiting for the concrete proposals on this respect. There are
45 days left until IETF-78. There are 25 days left until the Internet
Draft Cut-off for initial document (-00) submission.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan