Subject: [netmod] Protocol Action: 'YANG - A data modeling language for the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:42:25 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'YANG - A data modeling language for the Network Configuration Protocol 
   (NETCONF) '
   <draft-ietf-netmod-yang-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-13.txt

Technical Summary

YANG is a data modeling language used to model
configuration and state data manipulated by the Network
Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) protocol, NETCONF remote
procedure calls, and NETCONF notifications.  YANG is used
to model the operations and content layers of NETCONF. This
document describes the syntax and semantics of the YANG
language, how the data model defined in a YANG module is
represented in XML, and how NETCONF operations are used to
manipulate the data.

Working Group Summary

Consensus was reached among all interested parties before
requesting the publication of this document.

Document Quality

There are multiple independent implementations of YANG
today, both commercial and freely-available code and verification tools.

Personnel

   David Partain is the document shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the
responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

OLD:

7.19.3.  The description Statement

   The "description" statement takes as an argument a string which
   contains a high-level textual description of this definition.

NEW:

7.19.3. The description Statement

   The "description" statement takes as an argument a string which
   contains a human-readable textual description of this definition.
   The text is provided in a language (or languages) chosen by the
   module developer; for the sake of interoperability it is RECOMMENDED
   to choose a language that is widely understood among the community of
   network administrators who will use the module.