Subject: [netmod] Y45 - time to summarize and decide

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 13:07:17 +0200

Hi,

over last few days, I contacted the WG members that were active in the
recent discussion round concerning Y45 in order to find out what their
state of thinking is. Here is the result:

 | Contributor      | Preference | Acceptable    | Objections             |
 |------------------+------------+---------------+------------------------|
 | Martin Bjorklund | Y45-04     | Y45-05,Y45-03 | Y45-02, DEAD           |
 | Lada Lhotka      | Y45-04     | Y45-03,Y45-05 | all others             |
 | Xiang Li         | Y45-05     | Y45-04,Y45-03 | Y45-02, DEAD           |
 | Andy Bierman     | Y45-03     |               | Y45-04, Y45-05         |
 | Randy Presuhn    | Y45-04     | Y45-02        | Y45-01, Y45-03, Y45-05 |
 |------------------+------------+---------------+------------------------|

I am happy to add more opinions should there be more contributors with
a clear opinion on Y45. But please speak up quickly (ideally by the
beginning of next week, that is May 18th.)

So far, it seems there is consensus that there is agreement to address
Y45 (that is to not simply declare it dead). And so far, Y45-04
clearly is the strongest candidate.

Note that Y45 is the last technical issue waiting to be resolved and
it is time to decide and then to move on.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>