Subject: [netmod] 6020bis - anydata

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:07:00 +0200

Hi,

I propose to expand the text in Sec. 7.10 as follows:

OLD

   The "anydata" statement is used to represent an unknown set of nodes
   that can be modelled with YANG.  An example of where this can be
   useful is a list of received notifications, where the exact
   notifications are not known as design time.

NEW

   The "anydata" statement is used to represent an unknown set of nodes
   that can be modelled with YANG but for which the data model doesn't
   exist at module design time. At run time, the data model for
   "anydata" content MAY be known through protocol signalling or other
   means that are outside the scope of this document, it is however not
   required. If the data model is known, implementations MUST treat
   "anydata" content exactly as if it was a part of regular data tree.

   An example of where this can be useful is a list of received
   notifications, where the exact notifications are not known as module
   design time.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C