Subject: [netmod] FW: NomCom 2015: Call for nominations

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 17:13:56 +0000

All,

Please see below the Call for Nominations from NomCom 2015. Please help
NomCom and the IETF community by proposing the best candidates for the
open positions. This is important for the IETF and the industry.

Thanks!
Kent

On 9/8/15, 3:11 AM, "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Dear OPS chairs,
>
>Please make sure your WG/community is aware of (the importance of) this
>message.
>
>Regards, Benoit
>
>-------- Forwarded Message --------
>Subject: 	NomCom 2015: Call for nominations
>Date: 	Wed, 26 Aug 2015 03:13:13 -0700
>From: 	NomCom Chair 2015 <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
>To: 	IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
>CC: 	[email-masked]
>
>
>
>The 2015-16 Nominating Committee (Nomcom) is seeking nominations from
>now until October 8, 2015. The open positions being considered by this
>year's Nomcom can be found at the end of this email and also on this
>year's Nomcom website:
>
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2015/
>
>Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
>the Nomcom 2015 home page, or by visiting the following URL:
>
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2015/nominate/
>
>   {Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org
>    datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account
>    if you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:
>    https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/  }
>
>If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made
>by email [email-masked]. If using email, please include the word
>"Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being
>nominated, their email address (to confirm acceptance of the
>nomination), and the position for which you are making the nomination.
>If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please tell us if
>we may tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination.
>If you wish to nominate someone via email for more than one position,
>please use separate emails to do so.
>
>Self-nomination is welcome!
>
>NomCom 2015-16 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
>Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437.  As stated in RFC 7437: "The
>list of nominees willing to be considered for positions under review
>in the current Nomcom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for
>each position will be listed in a publicly accessible way - anyone
>with a datatracker account may access the lists.  Additionally, the
>nomination form asks if we may share your own name with the
>nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality requirements of BCP10
>remain in effect.  All feedback and all Nomcom deliberations will
>remain confidential and will not be disclosed.
>
>There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the Nomcom
>to tell the nominee that you were the one who made the
>nomination. This is a new thing this year, and it defaults to ³no² -
>we won¹t tell. After the nomination cycle, we will evaluate the result
>of this and recommend whether the next Nomcom should do something
>different.
>
>In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about
>each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the
>Nomcom on or before October 8, 2015.
>
>Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of
>your nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management
>permission, as it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in
>late.  We have set the questionnaire submission deadline for October
>15, 2015.
>
>The Nomcom appoints individuals to fill the open slots on the IAOC,
>the IAB, and the IESG. The list of people and posts whose terms end
>with the March 2016 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which
>this Nomcom is responsible, follows:
>
>IAB:
>* Mary Barnes
>* Joe Hildebrand
>* Ted Hardie
>* Erik Nordmark
>* Brian Trammell
>* Mark Blanchet
>
>IESG:
>- Alissa Cooper, ART
>- Barry Leiba, ART
>- Brian Haberman, Internet (*)
>- Benoit Claise, O&M
>- Alia Atlas, Routing
>- Kathleen Moriarty, Security
>- Martin Stiemerling, Transport (*)
>
>*- have indicated that they do not intend to accept a
>renomination. This information is always up to date on
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2015/
>
>Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
>positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for
>the IETF, and also, please consider accepting a nomination.  You'll
>find extensive information about specific positions, developed by the
>IAB, IESG, and IAOC, under individual tabs at:
>
>   https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2015/requirements/
>
>In addition to nominations, the Nomcom seeks community input on the
>positions themselves.  We need and welcome the community's views and
>input on the jobs within each organization. If you have ideas on the
>positions' responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us
>know.
>
>Please send suggestions and feedback about this [email-masked].
>
>Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!
>
>Harald Alvestrand
>Nomcom Chair 2015-16
>[email-masked],[email-masked]
>