Subject: [netmod] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-01.txt

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 10:08:20 -0400

FYI we've updated the DT draft based on the following:

1) No single /device root 

This has been a topic of major discussion both publicly and within the
DT.  It's our hope that by making this change (okay, compromise),
discussion can now move on to the rest of the proposed structure.

2) The additions to if:interfaces are now shown as augmentations

There seemed to be confusion on the point of what exactly we were
proposing and we hope that this change clarifies the proposal. 

3)  identityref s are now used to identify different types of protocols
within the overall model. 

This approach was based on feedback from Mahesh Jethanandani, as a YANG Dr..

4) We've identified an open discussion/issue on an alternate approach 
to supporting logical network
elements using an enhanced version of draft-clemm-netmod-mount and plan
to explore this with the draft authors.

As always, feedback would be appreciated.

Lou (and co-authors)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action: draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-01.txt
Date: 	Mon, 21 Sep 2015 17:40:39 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Device YANG Organizational Model
        Authors         : Acee Lindem
                          Lou Berger
                          Dean Bogdanovic
                          Christian Hopps
	Filename        : draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2015-09-21

Abstract:
   This document presents an approach for organizing YANG models in a
   comprehensive structure that defines how individual models may be
   composed to configure and operate network infrastructure and
   services.  The structure is itself represented as a YANG model,
   with all of the related component models logically
   organized in a way that is operationally intuitive. This document is
   derived from work submitted to the IETF by members of the informal
   OpenConfig working group of network operators and is a product of the
   Routing Area YANG Architecture design team.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt