Subject: [netmod] minutes of the NETMOD 2015-08-31 virtual interim meeting

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 16:29:36 +0200

Hi,

attached are the minutes of the 2015-03-31 virtual interim meeting.
Please let me know if something needs fixing.

You can find all the virtual interim meeting minutes next to the YANG
1.1 issue list in the NETMOD WG subversion repository:

     http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/netmod/yang-1.1/

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 09:29:53 -0700

Hi,

Is there a WEB page that lists all the upcoming virtual meetings?
This would really help people remember without scanning lots of
ietf-announce
email.

I have a issue request for next week.
IMO the text for what an arbitrary "YANG tool" MUST, SHOULD, or MAY
do with an extension-stmt is not clear and no consensus exists yet either.

The specific use-case is the addition of an "ephemeral-stmt" as a
sub-statement
of the individual data-def-stmt types.

I think Martin has suggested a solution that I want to expand and get into
YANG 1.1.

   - A YANG tool MUST support the deviate-stmt and refine-stmt for external
statements

grouping shared-parms {
        //  plain config parms w/ no ephemeral-stmt
}

  container foo-config {
      uses shared-parms {
          refine parm1 {
             i2rs:ephemeral true;
          }
          refine parm3 {
             i2rs:ephemeral true;
          }
      }
  }

I do not think the current ABNF and normative text supports external-stmts.
A similar example can be made for an object not in a grouping, using
"deviate add".
However deviation-stmt is not allowed in any standard modules, so this
is also a problem.

IMO this is required to add new keywords to data nodes like 'ephemeral'
or 'related-state'. Currently YANG 1.1 is not good enough to support
the use of external statements in standards.

Andy

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Juergen Schoenwaelder <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod
>
>

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 18:54:58 +0200

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 09:29:53AM -0700, Andy Bierman wrote:
> ietf-announce email.

The official list of interim meetings is here:

    https://www.ietf.org/meeting/interim.html

Yes, you have to search for NETMOD and no I am not aware of a nicer
list directly linked to say the NETMOD WG pages (or even a calendar
file).

/js

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 09:31:27 +0200 (CEST)

> list directly linked to say the NETMOD WG pages (or even a calendar

Hmm, I thought we're having a virtual interim on the opstate issue
this thursday (2015-09-10), but it is not listed here.  Maybe I missed
something.  Can the chairs clarify this?

/martin

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 10:29:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> I do not think the current ABNF and normative text supports external-stmts.

I think the grammar is ok, but I agree normative text is missing.  The
grammar allows the example with refine i2rs:ephemeral true above.

In our data models, we explicitly specify if an external statement is
supported in 'refine' or not. 

[side node: we do this with a statement like
this:

  extension actionpoint {
    ...
    tailf:use-in "rpc";
    tailf:use-in "tailf:action";
    tailf:use-in "refine";
    tailf:substatement "tailf:opaque";
    ...
  }
]

> A similar example can be made for an object not in a grouping, using

I don't understand.  Can you examplify?

/martin

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:11:28 +0000

>something.  Can the chairs clarify this?

There is an interim meeting planned for this Thursday the 10th on opstate.
 Tom sent a WebEx invite to the list, but didn't schedule it via the
meeting manager tool, which is why it doesn't show up in the URL above.
We hope to have this rectified shortly.

Kent

---

From: Nadeau Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 11:00:55 -0400

> On Sep 8, 2015:10:11 AM, at 10:11 AM, Kent Watsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> 

	I filed for that last week.  I posted the URL just now to this thread. I do not understand why the meeting does not appear in the interim tool view.

	—Tom

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 00:31:16 +0200

> list directly linked to say the NETMOD WG pages (or even a calendar
I filed a tool request some time ago exactly on that.

Regards, Benoit