Subject: [netmod] nested choices

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:01:22 +0200

Hi,

my action item from yesterday's interim was to check whether some updates to 6020bis are needed in order to address the corner cases presented by Balazs:

- https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netmod/i73sR0_d9UkshMuhxiCDOSZWhqk
- https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netmod/gBum0NdkixozakgncYXPKPpLQDk

I would propose this minor change to sec. 7.9.3:

OLD

   The default case is only important when considering the default
   values of nodes under the cases.

NEW

   The default case is only important when considering the default
   contents of nodes under the cases (default values of leafs and
   leaf-lists, or default cases of nested choices).

Otherwise, I believe the text in 7.9.4 is sufficiently clear about when a "mandatory" statement on a case applies.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:08:14 +0200

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 16:01, Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 

And perhaps also fifth paragraph in sec. 7.9.3:

OLD

   Default values for child nodes under a case are …

NEW

   The "default" statement on child nodes of a case is …

Lada

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:43:54 +0200 (CEST)

>    leaf-lists, or default cases of nested choices).

Maybe a slight variation, and taking the entire paragraph into
account:

OLD:

  The default case is only important when considering the default
  values of nodes under the cases.  The default values for nodes under
  the default case are used if none of the nodes under any of the
  cases are present.

NEW:

  The default case is only important when considering the default
  statements of node under the cases (i.e., default values of leafs and
  leaf-lists, and default cases of nested choices).  The default
  values and nested default cases under the default case are used
  if none of the nodes under any of the cases are present.

/martin

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:06:29 +0200

> On 14 Oct 2015, at 20:43, Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

OK, just s/node/nodes/ in the second line.

Lada