Subject: [netmod] 6020bis - sec. 5.6.4 comments

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:32:31 +0200

Hi,

regarding $subj:

- What about extensions? Do modules defining them have to be implemented? That is, is "default-revision" true or false for such 
  modules?

- Third paragraph:

OLD

   This is regardless of if module B is imported by revision or not.

NEW

   If module B is imported by revision, the corresponding "revision-date" statement is ignored.

Lada
--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:28:57 +0200 (CEST)

Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> regarding $subj:
> 
> - What about extensions? Do modules defining them have to be
>   implemented? That is, is "default-revision" true or false for such
>   modules?

The "default-revision" leaf doesn't exist in ietf-yang-libary.  I will
remove the note about aligning with ietf-yang-libary, and do:

OLD:

   If a server implements a module A that imports a module C without
   specifying the revision date of module C, and the server does not
   implement C (e.g., if C only defines some typedefs), the server
   MUST list module C in the "/modules/module" list from
   "ietf-yang-library", and it MUST set the leaf "default-revision" to
   "true" for this module.

NEW:

   If a server implements a module A that imports a module C without
   specifying the revision date of module C, and the server does not
   implement C (e.g., if C only defines some typedefs), the server
   MUST list module C in the "/modules/module" list from
   "ietf-yang-library", and it MUST set the leaf "conformance" to
   "import" for this module.

>    If module B is imported by revision, the corresponding "revision-date"

I think your proposed text can be misunderstood.  The "revision-date"
statement is not ignored; typedefs etc. will be taken from the
specified revision.

/martin

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:02:47 +0200

> On 14 Oct 2015, at 19:28, Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

OK, and what about extensions? If a server supports an extension and it is defined in module X, what's the "conformance" value for X in yang-library: "import" or "implement"? Extensions aren't mentioned in the first paragraph of 5.6.4.

> statement is not ignored; typedefs etc. will be taken from the

OK.

It seems this paragraph doesn't cover this case:

augment "/B:foo" {
    when "B:bar = 1";
    ...
}

What if module B implements "foo" but not "bar"? One option is to add "when" to "augment" and "path", and another is to consider the "when" expression to be false so that the augment doesn't apply in this case.

Lada