Subject: [netmod] Kathleen Moriarty's Discuss on draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis-01: (with DISCUSS)

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 13:53:05 -0800

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis-01: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I'm a little confused on the Security Consideration section as it doesn't use
the latest template, but does specify SSH for NETCONF, so I'm good with that
part.  Will RESTCONF also be used as a transport or is there some reason it
won't be used for this YANG module?

Here's what I think is the latest template and please let me know if sections
of it do not apply to this draft and I'll drop the discuss for correcting the
security considerations section.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-10#page-52

Thanks in advance!

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 13:59:40 -0800

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis/

the security consideration section of 7277bis is the same as for rfc 7277

the ssh recommendation came from you at the time.

          *Comment* (2014-03-21 for -13)

Add a RECOMMEND use of SSH in addition to the MTI to prevent MITM or monitoring attacks (pervasive or otherwise).

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 08:27:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have updated to the latest version in my local copy.

/martin

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 08:40:08 +0100

> I have updated to the latest version in my local copy.
Thanks Martin.
The IETF LC finishes today. So please post a new version tomorrow.

Regards, B.
> .

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 07:09:03 -0500

Sent from my mobile device

> On Jan 9, 2018, at 2:40 AM, Benoit Claise <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Thank you, all. I’ll clear once posted.

Best regards,
Kathleen