Subject: [netmod] Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Routing Management (NMDA Version)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 08:50:48 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for Routing Management (NMDA Version)'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Modeling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis/

Technical Summary

   This document contains a specification of three YANG modules and one
   submodule.  Together the modules  form the core routing data model that
   serves as a framework for configuring and managing a routing
   subsystem.  These modules are augmented by additional YANG modules 
   defining data models for control-plane protocols, route filters, and other 
   functions.  The core routing data model provides common building blocks 
   for such extensions -- routes, Routing Information Bases (RIBs), and 
   control-plane protocols. 
  
   This bis  update to RFC 8022 fully conforms to the Network Management 
   Datastore Architecture (NMDA). Consequently, this document obsoletes 
   RFC 8022.

Working Group Summary

   Was there anything in the WG process that is worth noting?
   For example, was there controversy about particular points 
   or were there decisions where the consensus was
   particularly rough? 

Document Quality

WGLC commenced Wed, 29 Nov 2017 completed on Fri, 15 Dec
2017.  A draft revision was performed during the last call to address
editorial issues.  The draft itself is a mechanical update to include 
support for the Network Management  Datastore Architecture 
normatively in the data model for routing manangement.

Personnel

   Joel Jaeggli is the document shepherd, 
   Benoit Claise is the Responsible AD.

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 09:39:54 +0100

Hi Benoit,

Yang Validation reports one error for this document:

[email-masked]:
pyang 1.7.3: pyang --verbose --ietf -p {libs} {model}:
No validation errors

yanglint 0.14.59: yanglint --verbose -p {rfclib} -p {draftlib} -p {tmplib}
{model} -i:
err : Unable to parse submodule, parse the main module instead.

I discussed it with Radek, and the problem is caused by the validation procedure
that tries to validate the submodule ietf-ipv6-router-advertisements separately,
which yanglint cannot do. The submodule is validated along with the main module
ietf-ipv6-unicast-routing to which it belongs.

Is it possible to fix this false positive?

Thanks, Lada

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], The IESG <[email-masked]>, draft-iet
[email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [netmod] Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Routing Management
(NMDA Version)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-11.txt)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 08:50:48 -0800

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod
-- 
Ladislav Lhotka
Head, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: 0xB8F92B08A9F76C67

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 10:05:22 +0100

Hi Lada,

The error you see comes from 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis/

	Yang Validation 	
	☯ 1 errors, 0 warnings. 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis/#>

So this is flagged at the time of posting the draft.

I covered this false positive in my toolchain, as a daily cronjob
See http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html
See 
https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/module_details.php?module=[email-masked]

And this populates the following entries.
Additional URLs 	

- Yang catalog entry for [email-masked] 
<https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/module_details.php?module=[email-masked]> 

- Yang catalog entry for [email-masked] 
<https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/module_details.php?module=[email-masked]> 

- Yang catalog entry for [email-masked] 
<https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/module_details.php?module=[email-masked]> 

- Yang catalog entry for [email-masked] 
<https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/module_details.php?module=[email-masked]> 

- Yang impact analysis for draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis 
<https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php?modules[]=[email-masked]&modules[]=[email-masked]&modules[]=[email-masked]&modules[]=[email-masked]&recurse=0&rfcs=1&show_subm=1&show_dir=both> 

See the "compilation-status" field.

The ideal solution is a flag in yanglint not to take into account the 
submodule (that would also simplify my live). I discussed this with 
Radek in the past.
Asking Henrik to take care of the different validator exceptions is very 
time consuming, believe me. So we can't impose that.

The alternative solution is a better integration between the toolchains. 
I'm looking for some extra funding for this (btw, everything is 
opensource). If anybody is able to help, contact me privately.

Regards, Benoit