Subject: [netmod] Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-09

From: Victor Kuarsingh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 19:54:34 -0800

Reviewer: Victor Kuarsingh
Review result: Ready

Dear Authors,

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Document Reviewed - Network Management Datastore Architecture

Link to Document -
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-09

Summary:

This document specifies and architectural framework for datastores as it
pertains to YANG (RFC7960)and NETCONF(RFC6241)/RESTCONF(RFC8040).  A
significant amount of input was gathered from real world experience to help
evolve the the the datamodels user/proposed.

The document outlines a revised architecture model for datastores with the
addition of “Intended” and “operational” to the conceptual model.

General Comments and Feedback:

In general, this document seems well written and reviewed by the working group.
 N specific NITs or edits are recommended by this review.

The document describes operational impacts os the change since Implications to
YANG in section 6 and YANG model examples in section 7 which are highly useful
the for the operationalization of this updated specification.

I fee the document is ready for publishing baed on the current (ver -09) draft.