Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 07:43:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for Interface Management
        Author          : Martin Bjorklund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2018-01-11

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model for the management of network
   interfaces.  It is expected that interface-type-specific data models
   augment the generic interfaces data model defined in this document.
   The data model includes definitions for configuration and system
   state (status information and counters for the collection of
   statistics).

   The YANG model in this document conforms to the Network Management
   Datastore Architecture defined in I-D.ietf-netmod-revised-datastores.

   This document obsoletes RFC 7223.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Bogaert, Bart (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 15:58:03 +0000

Hi,

We do have a question about the operational-state value 'not-present'.  The revised data store draft document mentions that for resources that are not available (e.g. HW components) there will not be an entry for the state (see section 5.3.2) so for equipment there will never be a state entry where the operational state is 'not-present'.  For interfaces it appears to us that if an interface is related to a HW component that is not there the operational state is either down of lower-layer-down depending on the position in the interface stack.

Is there a need to keep the value 'not-present'  for operational-state?

Regards, Bart

-----Original Message-----
From: netmod [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 4:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod