Subject: [netmod] Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for IP Management' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 09:44:37 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for IP Management'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Modeling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a YANG data model for management of IP
   implementations.  The data model includes configuration and system
   state.  This document obsoletes RFC 7277.

   The "ipv4" and "ipv6" subtrees with "config false" data nodes in the
   "/interfaces-state/interface" subtree are deprecated.  All "config
   false" data nodes are now present in the "ipv4" and "ipv6" subtrees
   in the "/interfaces/interface" subtree.

   Servers that do not implement NMDA (the Netconf Management 
   Datastore Architecture), or that wish to support client that do not 
   implement NMDA, MAY implement the deprecated "ipv4" and
   "ipv6" subtrees in the "/interfaces-state/interface" subtree.

Working Group Summary

Working Group last call commenced on  28 Nov 2017  and completed 
14 Dec  2017. Changes were largely editorial.  Vladimir Vassilev noted 
that updated implementations he was working with could validate the 
module and included examples. A bug was noted in the
ietf-netconf-datastores for which a correction was proposed.

Document Quality

There are known implementations that employ the rfc7277 data model
for ip manangement as well as the bis draft model.

Personnel

Joel Jaeggli is the document shepherd.
Benoit Claise is the responsible area director.