Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 19:11:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Access Control List (ACL) YANG Data Model
        Authors         : Mahesh Jethanandani
                          Lisa Huang
                          Sonal Agarwal
                          Dana Blair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-15.txt
	Pages           : 51
	Date            : 2018-01-16

Abstract:
   This document describes a data model of Access Control List (ACL)
   basic building blocks.

   Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   This draft contains many placeholder values that need to be replaced
   with finalized values at the time of publication.  This note
   summarizes all of the substitutions that are needed.  Please note
   that no other RFC Editor instructions are specified anywhere else in
   this document.

   Artwork in this document contains shorthand references to drafts in
   progress.  Please apply the following replacements

   o  "XXXX" --> the assigned RFC value for this draft both in this
      draft and in the YANG models under the revision statement.

   o  Revision date in model needs to get updated with the date the
      draft gets approved.  The date also needs to get reflected on the
      line with <CODE BEGINS>.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 19:17:08 -0800

This version of the drafts addresses comments received during the last run of the LC. We, the authors, believe that this document is ready for LC.

> On Jan 16, 2018, at 7:11 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

Mahesh Jethanandani
[email-masked]

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 08:11:20 +0100

Hi Mahesh,

There is an error with the yangdump-pro:

    Error: Feature 'match-on-eth and match-on-ipv4' not found for
    if-feature statement
    [email-masked]:242.16: error(250):
    definition not found

    Error: Feature 'match-on-eth and match-on-ipv6' not found for
    if-feature statement
    [email-masked]:248.16: error(250):
    definition not found

    Error: Feature 'match-on-eth and match-on-ipv4
    and match-on-ipv6' not found for if-feature statement
    [email-masked]:253.16: error(250):
    definition not found

    ***
    *** 3 Errors, 0 Warnings

See http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html

Also, you want to inform and help the dependent YANG modules (Yang 
impact analysis for draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model 
<https://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php?modules[]=[email-masked]&modules[]=[email-masked]&modules[]=[email-masked]&recurse=0&rfcs=1&show_subm=1&show_dir=both>) 
validate correctly.

Regards, Benoit
> .

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 09:59:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

These errors seem to be issues with the tool, not the draft.

/martin

Benoit Claise <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > This version of the drafts addresses comments received during the last
> > run of the LC. We, the authors, believe that this document is ready
> > for LC.
> >

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 10:05:05 +0100

> These errors seem to be issues with the tool, not the draft.
Good to know Martin. Thanks.

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 20:44:23 +0100

Thank you Mahesh for taking everyone's feedback, showing a lot of
patience, and having to do this under what can only be described as
trying circumstances.  May I now ask the chairs what their next step
is?  This draft was intended to be in response to LC comments.

Eliot

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 21:45:18 +0000

Yes, good job Mahesh and team!

My previous Last Call closing message [1] said that we'd evaluate if that Last Call was successful or not based on the result of the ensuing discussion regarding the model's structure.  As the diff [2] for this update shows, the draft has changed significantly since then, such that I think that another Last Call is needed.  I will start it now.

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netmod/lX4LBQTfNp3grwDX1-KNvsuEI9E
[2] https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-15

Kent // shepherd

===== original message =====

Eliot