Subject: [netmod] draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-16

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 12:58:46 -0000

Andy

If an RFC is mentioned in a Description clause, should it also appear in
the related Reference clause?

draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang-05 has examples of this not being the case,
as I mention in a recent post.  I assumed that they should be but cannot
see any discussion of this in RFC6087bis

Tom Petch

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:48:58 -0800

> the related Reference clause?

yes -- there are many places in 6087bis that mention the reference-stmt

e.g.:

   If the notification semantics are defined in an external document
   (other than another YANG module indicated by an import statement),
   then a reference statement MUST be present.

I cannot find any text that says it is OK or not OK to also put
the reference in the description-stmt.

Andy

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 14:36:28 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Bierman" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:48 PM

Andy

Just to be clear, what I am seeing is RFCxxxx in a Description clause in
a YANG module but not appearing anywhere else in the I-D, not in a
Reference clause or in the I-D Reference sections or anywhere.

e.g. in draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang
 leaf uuid {
            type yang:uuid;
            description "A Universally Unique IDentifier in the string
representation
                defined in RFC 4122.

4122 appears in three such Description clauses but nowhere else; I am
thinking that it should also be in a Reference clause as well

Tom Petch

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 21:27:22 +0000

Hi Tom,

I know where you're going with this, and I agree, but as we're past AD-review, maybe this is a good candidate for guidelines-next?

  https://github.com/netmod-wg/guidelines-next/issues

Kent // shepherd

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Bierman" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:48 PM

Andy

Tom Petch

> > see any discussion of this in RFC6087bis

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_netmod&d=DwICAg&c=HAkYuh63rsuhr6Scbfh0UjBXeMK-ndb3voDTXcWzoCI&r=9zkP0xnJUvZGJ9EPoOH7Yhqn2gsBYaGTvjISlaJdcZo&m=CT9Hf4F4H2prnOg0sLp9WvPE51q0zSwxAufnFGEFI38&s=rKLyZFgHK884Wvw2Xj2gu2_xu6PRJDZekh3FgzhTzI0&e=