Subject: [netmod] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-18.txt> (Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of YANG Data Model Documents) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 07:02:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network Modeling WG (netmod) to
consider the following document: - 'Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of
YANG Data Model Documents'
  <draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-18.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo provides guidelines for authors and reviewers of Standards
   Track specifications containing YANG data model modules.  Applicable
   portions may be used as a basis for reviews of other YANG data model
   documents.  Recommendations and procedures are defined, which are
   intended to increase interoperability and usability of Network
   Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) and RESTCONF protocol
   implementations that utilize YANG data model modules.  This document
   obsoletes RFC 6087.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6021: Common YANG Data Types (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)
    rfc7950: The YANG 1.1 Data Modeling Language (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)
    rfc4741: NETCONF Configuration Protocol (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)
    rfc4742: Using the NETCONF Configuration Protocol over Secure SHell (SSH) (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)