Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 17:26:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Access Control List (ACL) YANG Data Model
        Authors         : Mahesh Jethanandani
                          Lisa Huang
                          Sonal Agarwal
                          Dana Blair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-16.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2018-02-02

Abstract:
   This document describes a data model of Access Control List (ACL)
   basic building blocks.

   Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   This draft contains many placeholder values that need to be replaced
   with finalized values at the time of publication.  This note
   summarizes all of the substitutions that are needed.  Please note
   that no other RFC Editor instructions are specified anywhere else in
   this document.

   Artwork in this document contains shorthand references to drafts in
   progress.  Please apply the following replacements

   o  "XXXX" --> the assigned RFC value for this draft both in this
      draft and in the YANG models under the revision statement.

   o  Revision date in model needs to get updated with the date the
      draft gets approved.  The date also needs to get reflected on the
      line with <CODE BEGINS>.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 17:41:21 -0800

This update addresses the comments that were received as part of LC. For those of you who commented on the draft during the LC, please verify that your comments have been addressed.

Thanks.

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 5:26 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

Mahesh Jethanandani
[email-masked]

---

From: Kristian Larsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 10:42:15 +0100

Mahesh,

I suppose, since you posted the update Friday night, that I missed my 
chance of prettifying the source/destination port choice/container 
structure that was just added. If not, it's in a PR towards your repo - 
https://github.com/mjethanandani/acl-model/pull/4

Kind regards,
    Kristian.

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 10:36:40 -0800

Kristian,

As I commented on the PR, putting the ‘container’ inside of the ‘choice’ statement allows me to collapse the ‘container’ and the ‘case’ statement into a single ‘container’ statement. With your changes, I see an additional ‘case’ statement, bloating the model in four places.

Cheers.

> On Feb 6, 2018, at 1:42 AM, Kristian Larsson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Mahesh,
> 
> I suppose, since you posted the update Friday night, that I missed my chance of prettifying the source/destination port choice/container structure that was just added. If not, it's in a PR towards your repo - https://github.com/mjethanandani/acl-model/pull/4
> 
> Kind regards,
>   Kristian.
> 
> 
> 

Mahesh Jethanandani
[email-masked]

---

From: Kristian Larsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 14:56:09 +0100

> As I commented on the PR, putting the ‘container’ inside of the ‘choice’ statement allows me to collapse the ‘container’ and the ‘case’ statement into a single ‘container’ statement. With your chan…

You are right and I see how you have moved the container from the types 
module. I think I was thrown off by making assumption on how things 
looked in my branch of the model rather than inspecting your history.

The original issue that I disliked here is that you have a container 
named source-port-range-or-operator which I think is a good name for a 
choice statement in the schema tree but is a horrible name for a node in 
the data tree. It should simply be "source-port". Can we please fix that?

I did place my containers and choice statements the other way around for 
even when we use a object reference I imagined that it would be under 
the source-port container, thus having that at the top makes sense. This 
is less important though, if we want to repeat that through the object 
reference augmentations that's fine.

    Kristian.