Subject: [netmod] reference statement examples in draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-18

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 08:12:04 +0100

Hi,

I think it was common practice to write

  reference "RFC 6991: Common YANG Data Types";

instead of just

  reference "RFC 6991";

that is to include the RFC title (this can be especially useful with
longer lists of references and less commonly known RFC numbers). It
seems that draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-18 kind of suggests to only
use the RFC number (section 3.2 and section 4.7).

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 19:49:23 +0000

>   reference "RFC 6991: Common YANG Data Types";

Agreed, I always do.

> use the RFC number (section 3.2 and section 4.7).

If you're suggesting modifying the examples in rfc6087bis, as a 
contributor, I support.

As shepherd, it would be good to hear more support for this change
before formalizing a request.

Kent

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:44:10 +0100

Jürgen,

It makes sense.
This comment should be considered as an IETF LC comment.

Regards, B.