Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 07:30:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Handling Long Lines in Inclusions in Internet-Drafts and RFCs
        Authors         : Kent Watsen
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2019-05-30

Abstract:
   This document defines two strategies for handling long lines in
   width-bounded text content.  One strategy is based on the historic
   use of a single backslash ('\') character to indicate where line-
   folding has occurred, with the continuation occurring with the first
   non-space (' ') character on the next line.  The second strategy
   extends the first strategy by adding a second backslash character to
   identify where the continuation begins and thereby able to handle
   cases not supported by the first strategy.  Both strategies use a
   self-describing header enabling automated reconstitution of the
   original content.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 14:41:19 +0000

This update reflects the changes discussed during the Last Call plus the following additional changes:

  1) s/see if any/ensure at least one/  (EDITORIAL: sounded too casual before)
  2) s/MUST NOT precede a space (' ') character/MUST NOT be on top of a space (' ') character/  (TECHNICAL: see below)
  3) wrapped the script with <CODE BEGINS> and <CODE ENDS> (EDITORIAL, per idnits)

Regarding #2, this change was made after I examined the algorithm more carefully.  It would be good for others to confirm this rather critical change.

Thanks,
Kent // contributor

> On May 30, 2019, at 10:30 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod