Subject: [netmod] Adoption poll for draft-wu-netmod-factory-default-03

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 21:51:51 +0000

This email begins a 1-week adoption poll for:

    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-netmod-factory-default-03

As we already have consensus from the previous poll to work on the problem, this poll primarily seeks for objections for using -03 as a basis for WG adoption (the document will be adopted if no objections are raised).  Of course, a show of support is also always encouraged.   All, please voice your support or objections before May 15.   

Authors, already there have been good comments for how to improve the document.  However, please refrain from posting an update incorporating these comments until after this adoption poll closes, at which time the instruction will be to post a -00 with minimal changes, followed by a -01 incorporating the comments.

PS: the IPR poll conducted on Mar 25 is still considered valid.

Kent  // co-chair

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 08:38:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 8 May 2019, Kent Watsen wrote:

> As we already have consensus from the previous poll to work on the 
> problem, this poll primarily seeks for objections for using -03 as a 
> basis for WG adoption (the document will be adopted if no objections are 
> raised).  Of course, a show of support is also always encouraged.  All, 
> please voice your support or objections before May 15.

I support working on this problem and the draft seems to provide a 
feasible approach to the problem space.

We had to create our own factory-default RPC augmentation but we put it 
into our software management module instead. I'd prefer to use a 
standards-based one and this approach seems viable.

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 15:42:18 +0000

This message concludes the adoption poll for draft-wu-netmod-factory-default-03.   Thank you to all those that expressed support.  As no objections were raised, this draft is no adopted as a WG document.

Authors, please post a "ietf" -00 version of the draft being the same as the -02 I-D (that which was adopted), and then post a -01 follow-up addressing the comments received.

Thank you,
Kent (and Lou and Joel)

> On May 8, 2019, at 5:51 PM, Kent Watsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-netmod-factory-default-03 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-netmod-factory-default-03>
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 12:11:05 -0400

I have not seen the announcement for this adoption - so I'm sending the
support for adoption. 

Sue 

From: netmod [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kent Watsen
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [netmod] Adoption poll for draft-wu-netmod-factory-default-03

As we already have consensus from the previous poll to work on the problem,
this poll primarily seeks for objections for using -03 as a basis for WG
adoption (the document will be adopted if no objections are raised).  Of
course, a show of support is also always encouraged.   All, please voice
your support or objections before May 15.   

Authors, already there have been good comments for how to improve the
document.  However, please refrain from posting an update incorporating
these comments until after this adoption poll closes, at which time the
instruction will be to post a -00 with minimal changes, followed by a -01
incorporating the comments.

Kent  // co-chair