Subject: [netmod] Mirja Kühlewind's Abstain on draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 05:11:51 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-08: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think this draft is in scope of the charter of the netmod working
group. I've seen in the shepherd write-up that input from the RSE was received,
therefore I don't necessarily assume that a different publication path would
have produced a different outcome and I decided not to block publication,
however, given the publication path taken it is  not visible to me if
sufficient feedback from the right people that are impacted or targeted by this
document has been received.

In general I don't think it is okay to publish a document that is out-of scope
for a working group, especially when the scope of the document impacts other
work in the IETF so broadly (while I do understand that this was written with
main focus on YANG). Given the current situation I would eventually rather go
for informational than BCP.