Subject: [netmod] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 14:23:24 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A fine extension.  Just three editorial nits:

-- Section 1 —

   There is no
   assumption that a YANG data structure can only be used as a top-level
   abstraction, instead of nested within some other data structure.

It’s a little odd to use “instead of” after “there is no assumption”; I can’t
explain it fully, but it feels odd to this native English speaker.  I suggest
this:

NEW
   There is no
   assumption that a YANG data structure can only be used as a top-level
   abstraction, and it may also be nested within some other data structure.
END

   similar to the existing YANG "augment" statement.

Make it “similarly”.

— Section 1.1.1 —

   The following terms are defined in the Network Management Datastore
   Architecture (NMDA) [RFC8342].  and are not redefined here:

The period after the citation should be a comma.

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 09:28:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext/

Thanks for these suggestions, I have applied them all.

/martin