Subject: [netmod] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 07:57:35 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a fine document.

Can you show and example similar to what in A.3 with 2 addressbook entries?

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 09:33:15 +0200 (CEST)

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext/

The example isn't really written to handle more than one address
book.  The structure defines one single address book.  But perhaps I
misunderstood your question?

/martin

---

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 18:09:41 +0100

Hi Martin,

> misunderstood your question?

The example in A.1 contains "list address". Can this list contain more than one element in it? If yes, can you provide an example with multiple elements? I am trying to figure out how multiple elements would be represented in XML (In JSON it seems more obvious to me). My YANG knowledge is limited, so I don't know whether or not there is an issue. But I couldn't tell until I see an example.

Thank you,
Alexey

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 19:42:32 +0200 (CEST)

"Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The example in A.1 contains "list address". Can this list contain more
> than one element in it?

Aha, I see.  Yes it can.

> If yes, can you provide an example with
> multiple elements?

In XML it would be:

  <address-book xmlns="urn:example:example-module">
     <address>
       <last>Flintstone</last>
       <first>Fred</first>
       <street>301 Cobblestone Way</street>
       <city>Bedrock</city>
       <zipcode xmlns="urn:example:example-module-aug">70777</zipcode>
     </address>
     <address>
       <last>Root</last>
       <first>Charlie</first>
       <street>4711 Cobblestone Way</street>
       <city>Bedrock</city>
       <zipcode xmlns="urn:example:example-module-aug">70777</zipcode>
     </address>
   </address-book>

> I am trying to figure out how multiple elements
> would be represented in XML (In JSON it seems more obvious to me). My
> YANG knowledge is limited, so I don't know whether or not there is an
> issue. But I couldn't tell until I see an example.

Also see section 4.2.2.4 in RFC 7950 for another example of multiple
list entries.

/martin

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 08:35:06 +0100

Hi Martin,

> On 21 Oct 2019, at 18:42, Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Right, this is very sensible and I have no further questions.

Thank you,
Alexey