Subject: [netmod] Presentation on YANG and Netconf usage in 3GPP

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 13:11:49 +0000

Hi, Balazs:
Thanks for the update for what 3GPP is doing related to YANG and NETCONF. I have a few comments to your slides which I haven't got time to raise in the virtual interim meeting:

1.       Mapping UML to YANG may is not lossless mapping, you may loss a lot of information, for lossless mapping, Why you don't use complex type defined in RFC6095?

2.       What do you expect IETF to do for the gap identified in 3GPP?

-Qin

---

From: Balázs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 16:02:54 +0000

Hello Qin,

RFC6095 never gained traction, I don’t know any toolset that supports it.

Just now I don’t expect anything from IETF. Some 3GPP constructs like
invariant, system-created, initial-value were proposed to the YANG language
development earlier, but not accepted.

I am trying to map the object oriented models of 3GPP into the mainstream
YANG.

Regards Balazs

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]> 
Sent: 2020. április 2., csütörtök 15:12
To: Balázs Lengyel <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Presentation on YANG and Netconf usage in 3GPP

Hi, Balazs:

Thanks for the update for what 3GPP is doing related to YANG and NETCONF. I
have a few comments to your slides which I haven’t got time to raise in the
virtual interim meeting:

1.      Mapping UML to YANG may is not lossless mapping, you may loss a lot
of information, for lossless mapping, Why you don’t use complex type defined
in RFC6095?

-Qin