Subject: [netmod] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-netmod-factory-default-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 23:44:31 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-factory-default-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-factory-default/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document. The document is clear, easy to
read and quite useful.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENTs. An answer will be appreciated.

I also support Barry's comment.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

If the "factory-default" is optional (per section 3), then it may be worth to
specify this quality in the abstract and in the introduction.

-- Section 2 --
What happens with the different counters in the <operational> data store ?

Why is this a SHOULD for overwritting sensitive data and not a MUST? At least
section 6 writes that "owner of the device MUST NOT rely on any sensitive data
(e.g., private keys) being forensically unrecoverable"