Subject: [netmod] NETMOD Versioning virtual interim #2 - Week of Feb 1, 2021 - poll for attendees

From: "Sterne, Jason (Nokia - CA/Ottawa)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 23:12:17 +0000

Hi all,

The first Virtual Interim for YANG Versioning topics was quite useful. Thanks to all who attended and helped prepare.

We're going to hold a second interim in the first week of February.

### YOUR RESPONSE REQUESTED ###
Please fill in the doodle poll with what days in the Feb 1-4 range you could arrange your schedule to attend.
- If you will, or even *may* attend, then please fill in the doodle poll
- if you don't intend to attend, then please do not fill in the doodle poll
https://doodle.com/poll/b5uveesppy8sf6rm

The focus of versioning interim #2 is likely the following topics (we may not get through all of them):

1) IANA considerations: how are final RFC revision labels assigned ?
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/59

2) YANG file naming when revision labels are being used (symbolic links? @<revision-label>) ?

3) SemVer: mandatory for IETF ?
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/45

4) SemVer: initial revision label for drafts and RFC updates
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/60

5) SemVer: gaps in history, removing revision statements
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/61

Topics 1 and 2 are related to YANG module versioning:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-module-versioning/

Topics 3-5 are related to the Semver draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-semver

As before, we will send materials before the meeting.

Rgds,
Jason