Subject: [nmrg] deadline in 2 days (April 21 - FIRM) Elsevier Vehicular Communications (IF:4.7) Special Issue on Revolutionary Paradigms for Smart Connected Vehicles in the 6G Era

From: Marica Amadeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 16:50:54 +0200

Our apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP.

==================================================================
                                                 CALL FOR PAPERS
                      Elsevier Vehicular Communications (2019 IF: 4.706)
                                                     Special Issue on
   “Revolutionary Paradigms for Smart Connected Vehicles in the 6G Era”

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/vehicular-communications/call-for-papers/a-special-issue-of-vehicular-communications-on-revolutionary
==================================================================

By jointly involving multiple challenging requirements, such as
ultra-high reliable and ultra-low latency communications, high
efficiency and capacity, intelligent driving is one of the most
ambitious and attractive applications of the 6G initiatives. Although
the convergence of communication, caching, control and computing (4C)
resources can be leveraged to effectively enable 6G services and
applications over vehicle-to-everything (V2X) channels, multiple
challenges must be addressed to allow connected vehicles to meet the
6G requirements, to securely and efficiently orchestrate their
resources and to develop self-organizing and self-sustaining
capabilities.

Emerging communication paradigms that make effective data transmission
in very high dynamic contexts include the reprogrammability of the
environment by the means of Reprogrammable Intelligent Metasurfaces
(RIMs). Moreover, Visible Light Communication (VLC) can improve the
reliability of V2X interactions and be effective in terms of security
and enhanced data rate. With focus on networking aspects, Software
Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) can
bring programmability, flexibility and scalability in connected
vehicles, simplify network management and promote an efficient and
fair use of the distributed 4C resources and programmable
metasurfaces. They can be complemented by revolutionary networking
models, such as Information Centric Networking (ICN), to provide
distributed caching and computing services.

This special issue aims to collect proposals that deal with
revolutionary communication and networking technologies for connected
vehicles, in a holistic fashion or at different layers, to meet the
expectations of the 6G era.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

Software-defined vehicular networks
Vehicular cloud computing in the 6G era
Fog/edge computing architectures for connected vehicles
Integration of SDN/NFV and vehicular cloud computing
Information Centric Networking for Connected Vehicles
Impact of connected vehicles on transportation safety, management,
characterization, and prediction
Mobile sensing networking, sensor data collection and multi-modal fusion
Caching strategies for connected vehicles
Joint management of communication, control, computing and caching for
6G vehicular applications and services
Optical wireless technologies for 6G vehicular applications and services
Reprogrammable and Intelligent Metasurfaces for smart connected vehicles
Secure and privacy-preserving communications in 6G vehicular networks

==================================================================
TIMELINE

Paper submission:
31 March 2021

Acceptance notification:
30 June 2021

Final papers:
30 July 2021

==================================================================
SUBMISSION FORMAT AND GUIDELINE

All submitted papers must be clearly written in excellent English and
contain only original work, which has not been published by or is
currently under review for any other journal or conference.
A detailed submission guideline is available as “Guide to Authors” at 
https://www.elsevier.com/journals/vehicular-communications/2214-2096/guide-for-authors.

All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted
through the paper submission system at
https://www.editorialmanager.com/VEHCOM/default.aspx . The authors
must select as “VSI: Smart Vehicle - Amadeo” when they reach the
“Article Type” step in the submission process.
The system is open for submissions.

Requests for additional information should be addressed to the guest editors.

==================================================================
Guest Editors:

Dr. Marica Amadeo, University of Reggio Calabria, Italy
[email-masked]

Prof. Abderrahim Benslimane, University of Avignon, France
[email-masked]

Prof. Kwang-Cheng Chen, University of South Florida, USA
[email-masked]

Dr. Valeria Loscrì, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe, France
[email-masked]

Dr. Seyhan Ucar, Toyota Motor North America, USA
[email-masked]

Dr. Anna Maria Vegni, Roma Tre University, Italy
[email-masked]

-- 
Dr. Marica Amadeo
Assistant Professor
University "Mediterranea" of Reggio Calabria
DIIES Department, ARTS Lab
Via Graziella Feo di Vito I - 89100 Reggio Calabria (RC), Italy

------------------------------

Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Scholar Google Profile:
https://scholar.google.it/citations?user=52c4cz0AAAAJ&hl=it