Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 04:49:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual Streams
	Author(s)       : Malte Schmidt
                          Frans de Bont
                          Stefan Doehla
                          Jaehwan Kim
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-09-06

   This document describes Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
   formats for carrying each of MPEG-4 Audio and MPEG-4 Visual
   bitstreams without using MPEG-4 Systems.  For the purpose of directly
   mapping MPEG-4 Audio/Visual bitstreams onto RTP packets, it provides
   specifications for the use of RTP header fields and also specifies
   fragmentation rules.  It also provides specifications for Media Type
   registration and the use of Session Description Protocol (SDP).  The
   audio payload format described in this document has some limitations
   related to the signaling of audio codec parameters for the required
   multiplexing format.  Therefore, for new system designs RFC 3640 is
   preferred, which does not have these restrictions.

   This document obsoletes RFC 3016.  A revision of RFC 3016 was
   required because of some misalignments between RFC 3016 and the 3GPP
   PSS specification regarding the RTP payload format for MPEG-4 Audio.
   Changes from RFC 3016 are summarized in Section 11.  Issues on
   backward compatibility to RFC 3016 are discussed in Section 1.3.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-02.txt

---

From: "Bont, Frans de" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 13:57:05 +0200

Hi all,

The draft has been updated to address the comments received after the IESG review.
Besides a few nits the most important changes are a further clarification in
the section describing the compatibility to RFC 3016, and the addition of a
new section devoted to the relation between this draft and RFC 3640.

Your comments are welcome!

Best regards,
Frans

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Tuesday 6 September 2011 13:50
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-02.txt
>
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport
> Payloads Working Group of the IETF.
>
> _______________________________________________
> payload mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/payload

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.