Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 01:21:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual Streams
	Author(s)       : Malte Schmidt
                          Frans de Bont
                          Stefan Doehla
                          Jaehwan Kim
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-09-12

   This document describes Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
   formats for carrying each of MPEG-4 Audio and MPEG-4 Visual
   bitstreams without using MPEG-4 Systems.  It is a revision of RFC
   3016 and is needed because of some misalignments between RFC 3016 and
   the 3GPP PSS specification regarding the RTP payload format for
   MPEG-4 Audio.

   For the purpose of directly mapping MPEG-4 Audio/Visual bitstreams
   onto RTP packets, this document provides specifications for the use
   of RTP header fields and also specifies fragmentation rules.  It also
   provides specifications for Media Type registration and the use of
   Session Description Protocol (SDP).  The audio payload format
   described in this document has some limitations related to the
   signaling of audio codec parameters for the required multiplexing
   format.  Therefore, for new system designs should be utilize RFC 3640
   which does not have these restrictions.  Nevertheless, this revision
   of RFC 3016 is provided to update and complete the specification, and
   to enable interopeable implementations.

   This document obsoletes RFC 3016.  It contains a summary of changes
   from RFC 3016 and discussed backward compatibility to RFC 3016.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-03.txt

---

From: "Bont, Frans de" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:31:07 +0200

The draft was revised to update the abstract accordingly a comment from Adrian Farrel (IESG review).

Best regards,
Frans

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday 12 September 2011 10:22
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rfc3016bis-03.txt
>
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport
> Payloads Working Group of the IETF.
>
> _______________________________________________
> payload mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/payload

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.